'F*** those people': Louis CK drops sage-like advice on how to handle 'professionally disgruntled' haters
If any comedian knows about dealing with online hate, it's Louis CK. In 2002-2004ish, the comedian would ask women if he could whack his doodle in front of them. Some said yes. Some said no. Five complained about it in 2017. Nothing was illegal. It was just gross. Now, whenever Louis CK is announced to be doing anything anywhere, the haters come out of the woodwork to attack whatever he's doing because of that thing he did.
Yet, Louis CK keeps doing comedy. As he tells Joe Rogan, if his audience is unhappy with something he said, he'll listen. The recreationally outraged and trolls on Twitter? F*ck those people.
Louis CK's Issue with Social Media and Twitteryoutu.be
"If I read something by somebody who didn't come to the show, who doesn't go to comedy shows, who's reacting to something that is written about a show, a person who wrote it to get clicks, somebody who's professionally disgruntled [...] and then somebody tweets, 'Yeah, f*ck that guy,' and I'm letting that person outweigh the rights of my audience? It's irresponsible. [...] You should just say, 'F*ck those people.'"
Not just comedians, but more public figures need to take his advice and think long and hard the next time the internet is upset at them over a thing that was said or a doodle that was whacked. As you are about to read the apology your PR agent wrote for you, ask yourself who exactly you are worried you offended.
Is it your fans, your audience, and people who support your art? Or is it bitterly partisan bloggers and random idiots on Twitter? If it's the former, you should consider considering their criticism. If it's the latter, you can tell them to go f*ck themselves.
We need to normalize telling that later group to go f*ck themselves.
The Louder with Crowder Dot Com Website is on Instagram now!Follow us at @lwcnewswire and tell a friend!
OUTCRY Over Dave Chappelle's SURPRISE APPEARANCE With John Mulaney | Louder With Crowderyoutu.be
- Ukraine Lt. Sends Powerful Message, Prepares His Last Stand ... ›
- Jeff Bezos Torches White House Policy Over Inflation Crisis - Louder ... ›
- Tips for Americans Who Are Stressed by Reading About Ukraine ... ›
- Joy Behar Blames Dave Chappelle's Attack on Donald Trump ... ›
- Ukrainian Woman Gives Russian Soldier Sunflower Seeds - Louder ... ›
- Russia's Invasion of Ukraine Underway - Louder With Crowder ›
- Videos: Ukrainian Men Say Goodbye to Their Families - Louder With ... ›
- SHOW NOTES: Elon Musk Is Now Twitter's LARGEST Shareholder ... ›
- Watch: Louis CK and Jeffrey Toobin Share TIPS on Ukraine - Louder ... ›
- Louis CK Torches Outrage Over Elon Musk Buying Twitter - Louder ... ›