Free Advice, Criminals: Don't Try to Shoot Up a Texas Church
As you're likely aware, on Sunday, head of church security Jack Wilson (badass), shot a would-be mass shooter in a church in White Settlement, Texas. If you were busy not watching or paying any attention to the news, because holidays, here's video of that quick shootout. Warning: two innocent people are shot before the criminal is taken swiftly out of this moral plain.
This confrontation ended just as quickly as it started, for a simple set of reasons. I shall outline those reasons here for criminal baddies who should've paid more attention in school, to lead a more successful life after. Which doesn't include being dropped by 2019's almost Santa.
In no particular order:
- Texas prides itself on guns. Texans carry guns all the time, everywhere. Including church. Why wouldn't they?
- Heck, people who carry guns, concealed or open, take their guns everywhere, including church. Why wouldn't we?
- No gun-owning Christian believes that as soon as he/she enters church that some Jesus-forcefield will descend like a dove, to protect thine body from hollow-pointed fiends. Just so we're clear.
- If you're going to target an area in a state which prides itself on guns, don't be surprised to leave that area at room temperature, and for no one to cry any tears that you got demised.
- Good and evil have existed since the dawn of humanity, which everyone who attends a church knows too well. It is this reason that good people carry guns, to defend themselves against bad men who weren't hugged enough by their fathers. Or didn't have fathers to hug them.
- Be prepared to face not just one, but five good-guys with weapons drawn to pump your ugly bag of mostly water full of lead. If you watch the video again, you'll notice after the shooter gets dropped with some seriously impressive marksmanship, several guys come forward with pistols drawn. While the shooter did manage to take down two innocent people, that was it. He stood no chance to continue a shooting spree in a Texas place of Christian worship.
What have we learned? Places with more armed law-abiding citizens are safer for innocent people. But deadly for non-law-abiding citizens. Though upon reflection, I'm not sure that's something we the people have learned so much as we've known since the proper formation of our brains.
Criminals would do well to remember not everyone is a leftist with a #EndGunViolence bumpersticker slapped on a Nissan Leaf. Plenty of Americans will drop you should you need to be dropped, and will receive deserved praise for ending the life you chose to use to end others.
Also check out Joe Rogan on Importance of 'Good Guy with a Gun' Stories.
NOT SUBSCRIBED TO THE PODCAST? FIX THAT! IT’S COMPLETELY FREE ON BOTH ITUNES HERE AND SOUNDCLOUD HERE.