Each day we overwhelm your brains with the content you've come to love from the Louder with Crowder Dot Com website.
But Facebook is...you know, Facebook. Their algorithm hides our ranting and raving as best it can. The best way to stick it to Zuckerface?
Sign up for the LWC News Blast! Get your favorite right-wing commentary delivered directly to your inbox!
January 17, 2023
WATCH: Local 7/11 blares opera music 24/7 to keep away the homeless and it actually works
A 7/11 owner in Austin, Texas has a creative solution to scare off the rampant homeless population: opera music.
\u201cComing up on @fox7austin: a 7-11 is playing classical music to deter homeless people from being in the area. What the store owner and those who live and work nearby have to say at 9\u201d— Angela Shen (@Angela Shen) 1673664147
Jagat Patel has been blasting the music from his store 24/7 due to solicitation problems from a homeless encampment next door. Homeless people reportedly walk up to customers' car windows and ask for money, and become angry when the customers say no.
Patel also said he had to pay a private company to remove needles from his store yard that the homeless people threw over a fence. His landscaper reportedly won't service the yard when it's covered in needles. The nerve on that guy.
Why opera music? Patel said studies show classical music is annoying and prevents people from congregating. A person staying at the encampment, Salem, spoke to KHOU11 and seemed to prove Patel's hypothesis correct: "Absolutely obnoxious and, I don’t know, it’s just a nightmare. Incredibly loud. Two or three times, we have been able to hear it on the other side of the complex."
She also said she doesn't believe they are doing anything wrong. When have a few used needles ever hurt anyone?
I can see how classical music blaring 24/7 would get pretty irritating. But it could be much worse. In 2019, a Portland 7/11 blasted a horrible high-pitched noise to get rid of homeless loiterers. The move was criticized by residents as "offensive," since it's the same method used to dispel insects.
\u201cThe 7-11 on 4th & Taylor has a high pitched noise constantly playing outside. I asked clerk, he said it\u2019s meant to \u201ckeep homeless people away.\u201d\u201d— Alex Zielinski (@Alex Zielinski) 1548883059
Austin has been plagued with homelessness for the past few years. In May of 2021, Austin residents voted to ban homeless people from camping in public. But in 2022, the Austin homeless population grew by about 20%, reportedly due to a lack of homeless shelters and housing. Austin is spending millions of dollars trying to fix the problem and is even renovating hotels for homeless use.
LwC is on Substack now! Each day we overwhelm your brains with the content you've come to love from the Louder with Crowder Dot Com website.. but algorithms hide our ranting and raving as best they can. The best way to stick it to Big Tech? Subscribe to For the Content!
ANTIFA Gets in Crowder's Face!! Gets Laughed Away... | Louder with Crowderyoutu.be
From Your Site Articles
- Liberal Reporter Tries to Buy Gun for 'Gotcha!' Piece. Fails Background Check... ›
- Female prisoners threatened with extra jail time if they use 'wrong' pronoun for trans inmates ›
- Troy Aikman puts the dress on, apologizes for slight criticism of wussified NFL 'safety' rules ›
- 'You're Not Going to Get Famous Doing This': Naked Man in Mall Tries Going Viral, Gets Whacked Instead ›
- This Is College? Course Offered to Discuss Adult Entertainment and Share It With Friends ›
- Show Notes: The Food Shortage Is Coming, Who’s to Blame & What to Know ›
- Myth BUSTED: The Gun Show 'Loophole' is a Giant Distraction ›
- Watch: Woman wipes out after losing argument to a raccoon, but the real comedy is when her boyfriend gets involved ›
- 'Five minutes in Oakland': WWE wrestler was barely parked before becoming another victim of California crime ›
- NOT NORMAL: Transgender 'Woman' Attacks 7-Eleven Customers With Axe... ›
- Woman wipes out after losing an argument to a raccoon - Louder With Crowder ›
- Store owner DROPS shoplifter after she pulls a gun, "I didn't have much time to think" - Louder With Crowder ›