Why Every Conservative Should Be Watching ABC's "The Goldbergs"
Conservatives complain about the entertainment industry and media. Like, a lot. It's not ill founded. I get it. It's no secret that Hollywood leans to the left. Heck, right-wing actors have lost work over it. Hollywood sucker-punches middle-America as often as they can and it's annoying.
But if Conservatives are going to complain and publicly boycott companies or programming, it's just as important to support a quality product when it comes along. For Conservatives, that product is ABC's "The Goldbergs." There's a reason my producer and I discuss it on our show every week. Why is it so awesome? let me count the ways
1. It's Hilarious. The reason that obviously matters most when it comes to a comedy, "The Goldbergs" is as funny as any program out there. Fast-paced and witty, the half hour just flies by. While it can be edgy, the show's never mean, so everyone's sure to have plenty of laughs. As Beverly Goldberg would say...
2. It's Pro-Family. Unlike most shows out there today, The Goldbergs doesn't focus on the dysfunction of family.. The characters are all likable enough that you can root for all of them. The Goldbergs instead deals with idiosyncrasies in a funny, but ultimately super positive way that showcases the importance of strong families in every episode. You know, like most real families.
3. It's never profane or vulgar. Listen, some of the best shows out there are are pretty raunchy. Conservatives need to not be so uptight. But there's no denying the incredible dearth of content that the whole family can enjoy without being computer animated or involving a gay sponge from the sea. The Goldbergs fills that gap. It's funny enough without the junk because it doesn't need it!
4. It's politically incorrect. While never vulgar, The Goldbergs doesn't run the risk of being corny. Featuring a Jewish-American family in the 80's, the episodic time capsule never shies away from politically incorrect storylines sure to aggravate liberals.
5. Liberal critics hate it!It's true. When the Goldbergs first came out, the critics panned it. Not based on the quality of the show, but because of all the reasons listed above. Pro-family, politically incorrect, middle-America friendly, it's a leftist critic's nightmare. Matter of fact, the show almost got pulled, but thanks to it's incredible online ratings, ABC kept it on and turned it into a major success. It also happens to be produced by Conservative-friendly production company "Happy Madison."
6. It'll leave you feeling better for having watched it. Finally, if none of these other reasons have convinced you, if you don't care about quality, comedy or even supporting a Conservative-friendly program, I guarantee you the show will leave you in a better mood than when you first sat down to watch it. Every single episode ends with the protagonists growing older, wiser and closer with their family. There won't be a dry eye in the room. :)