Top 5 Reasons Conservatives Stand with Rand Paul
It's official. Rand Paul has thrown his hat in the ring for the 2016 GOP Presidential nod. Perhaps the most polarizing of the GOP hopefuls, Rand incited a fierce reaction from both supporters and detractors. His supporters vehemently claim he's the only possible option to beat Hillary, while detractors fear his being too much like his dad for his own good.
But love him or hate him, all conservatives recognize Rand Paul's love for country and Constitution. All conservatives have stood with Rand at one point or another. And so, we give you, the top 5 reasons why conservatives stand with Rand:
1. The freedom fillibuster - Rand Paul's signature moment was his 13 hour filibuster opposing the use of drones; the birthplace of the #StandWithRand hashtag.
2. He sued President Obama - gutsy and awesome. You're not going to violate the Fourth Amendment and get away with it if Rand Paul has anything to do with it.
3. Going where others fear to tread - from discussing civil rights at Howard to his standing ovation at Bowie State University, none can deny that Rand Paul is reaching audiences other conservative candidates can't, or won't.
4. He fights pork - no, he's not at war with bacon. But he doesn't make any qualms about federal spending excesses or abuses. Well done, sir.
5. An eye-opening politician - literally. While others went home to campaign or vacation, Rand Paul spent a portion of his 2014 summer recess volunteering in Guatemala on a medical mission. #Respect.