Ricky Gervais Nails PC Culture: "Just Because You're Offended Doesn't Mean You're Right!"
Ricky Gervais is one of my favorite comedians. So I've already seen "Humanity" because I don't hate humor. Why haven't you seen it? But I like him, even more, knowing he's an advocate of free speech, despite belonging to a country which punishes people for "offensive jokes." Last month (yes, last month, I don't want to write about Paul Ryan today, sorry), Gervais appeared on "The View" to talk comedy and being offensive.
"Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right. Offense is about feelings and feelings are personal."
And you can't legislate against stupidity. At least half the legislature is stupidity. Everyone is going to find something offensive. But nowadays it seems "I'm offended" is your way to the top. Those who are offended are doing whatever they can to silence the offensive. It's a dizzying merry-go-round of fat whiners throwing their own poo. See also WATCH: Jordan Peterson Just Nuked Feminism in Under 30 Minutes.
We need to "offend" each other in order to even talk with each other. Any truth is going to offend someone. We just say "Men are men, women are women" and some cross-dressing madam raises his manly finger to mark his offense. Despite doing things with that finger some might find rather offensive. We can't cave to him simply because his feelings got hurt. Nobody has the right to a perpetual state of the warm and fuzzies.
What I find offensive is the act of abortion. Yet here's John Oliver pushing it hard. What do my offended feelings win?
- Ricky Gervais Used Emmy Nominations to Blast Hollywood - Louder With Crowder ›
- Ricky Gervais: Here's Why Cancel Culture Crosses the Line - Louder With Crowder ›
- Ricky Gervais Issues a Challenge: Who's Gonna Cancel Me? - Louder With Crowder ›
- Ricky Gervais TORCHES Hollywood's Politics at the Golden Globes [VIDEO] - Louder With Crowder ›
- Ricky Gervais TORCHES Hollywood's Politics at the Golden Globes - Louder With Crowder ›