SUNY Professor Institutes Racist, Sexist Classroom Practice: ‘This Is Just the Tip of the Iceberg’
The left purports to hate racism, almost as much as Trudeau hates people questioning his authority. Except, this doesn’t quite apply when it’s the left being the racists. Add a little misandry in there, and you have the average college course pretty much summed up. Everyone knows it’s the white men who everyone should despise, right?
That’s certainly what Ana Maria Candela, a professor at SUNY Binghamton, must have thought. (Hilariously enough, her faculty bio is inexplicably missing from the university’s website now.) As part of her sociology syllabus, Candela included the following passage:
“We practice progressive stacking when calling on people to participate in class discussion. This means that we try to give priority to non-white folks, to women, and to shy and quiet people who rarely raise their hands. It also means that if you are white, male, or someone privileged by the racial and gender structures of our society to have your voice easily voiced and heard, we will often ask you to hold off on your questions or comments to give others priority…”
Shut up, you white men! You privileged, evil white men.
I wonder how this works for shy white men who don’t usually speak up. I guess Candela thinks it’s just as well. She doesn’t want to hear from them anyway.
The act of silencing the white men in her class, Candela states, “has tremendous benefits for our society as a whole.”
Who hurt you, Ana?
Of course, she made the one mistake you can’t make at a university and that’s getting caught doing stuff like this. Why would you put it in writing?
Breitbart reports that a spokesperson for the university issued a statement saying that the syllabus “clearly violate[d]” their principles and has been updated without making the racist, misandrist policy explicit. The professor “is now in compliance with the Faculty Staff Handbook.”
Yeah, so, it wasn’t the practice itself that was abhorrent but the fact that she put it in writing. The syllabus was wrong, not silencing an entire group of individuals based on race and sex.
Sean Harrigan, the student who brought this issue up in a Title IX complaint at the school, says that Candela “routinely equates capitalism to slavery during her lectures,” as well. Truly, she sounds like someone worthy of canonization in the leftist religion. Perhaps they’ll hang her photo right between George Floyd and Ibram Kendi.
“This is just the tip of the iceberg,” Harrigan said, adding that “the sociology department scares me.”
I don’t doubt it. I can remember the kind of inanities peddled to young, impressionable undergrads when I went through college. It’s ridiculous. What’s more, at least one of these courses is often required regardless of one’s program of study. They exist solely to indoctrinate students.
The Louder with Crowder Dot Com Website is on Instagram now! Follow us at @lwcnewswire and tell a friend!
- Teacher Brags About Replacing American Flag with Pride Flag ... ›
- Woke Professor Claims American Melting Pot is Problematic ... ›
- Fresno State Professor Wants to "Save America" by Hanging Trump ... ›
- Professor Attempts to Normalize Pedophilia with Nicer Term ... ›
- This Professor Wants to Fight Climate Change by Ending Humanity ... ›
- Professor Who Argued for Dignity for Pedophiles Has Resigned ... ›
- LEGAL UPDATE: 'Crowder Confronts Lying Professor'!! - Louder ... ›
- Professor Upset to Learn a Restaurant GM Earns More Than Him ... ›
- Professor Savages Critical Race Theory Proponents on the Dr. Phil ... ›
- NYT Journalist Says Coverage of Ukraine Demonstrates Racism - Louder With Crowder ›
- Education Professor Indoctrinates Future Teachers Into CRT - Louder With Crowder ›