Judge in Loudoun County Rape Case Reverses Course, Won’t Make Rapist Register as a Sex Offender
In a move that boggles the mind, Judge Pamela Brooks has reversed her previous decision sentencing the Loudoun County “boy in a skirt” to register for life as a sex offender. Now, she says she made a mistake.
The Daily Wire reports, the boy was found guilty of two counts of sodomy and is serving supervised probation at a locked juvenile facility until he turns 18. Among the voices who swayed the judge were the probation officer and one of the boy’s attorneys.
Jason Bickmore, the probation officer, argued that “studies showed teenage sex offenders who register were more likely to re-offend.” He said the move would be counterproductive to the boy’s rehabilitation.
Caleb Kershner, who served as one of the attorneys for the boy and a member of the Loudoun County Board of Supervisors, painted the boy as a victim of the system who only received such a harsh punishment due to the media attention paid to his case.
“We are setting him up for failure. […] We’ve never concentrated on [the boy] — we’re not even giving this young man a chance.”
This bleeding-heart nonsense was enough to change the judge’s opinion, which is strange after saying at his sentencing, “Over the years this court has read many psychosexual reports, and when I read yours, frankly, it scared me. It scared me for you, it scared me for society.”
But after hearing the pleas of those advocating for the boy, the judge said, “This court made an error in my initial ruling. […] The court is not vain enough to think it’s perfect, but I want to get it right.”
I’m pretty sure you had it right the first time, lady.
For her part, Commonwealth Attorney Buta Biberaj continued to push for the boy to register as a sex offender until the age of 30.
The first victim’s father also spoke at the hearing, expressing his anger with the justice system and the attorney’s office, both of which failed his daughter and the other victims.
“The person who committed these horrible crimes against these three young women will not have to bear the shame at being known as a lifetime registered sex offender, as he was originally sentenced. […] Rather, we are now concerned more than ever that this change in his legal status may put other parents’ daughters at risk of harm in the future.”
The judge’s lack of a backbone to enforce a more-than-justified sentence is appalling. To imagine this violent criminal will eventually walk the streets free without having to register as a sex offender is enough to make one’s blood boil. And as I read such news, I can’t help but wish we could do well learning some lessons from Russia.
The Louder with Crowder Dot Com Website is on Instagram now! Follow us at @lwcnewswire and tell a friend!
- Dan Crenshaw Asks Obama What's Phony About VA Rape Cover ... ›
- Teacher Tells School Board Where to Stick Its Indoctrination ... ›
- WHY Does Media Call Loudoun Rapist a 'Boy in a Skirt'?! - Louder ... ›
- Inappropriate Touching Reported in Loudoun Co Middle School ... ›
- Teen Girl RAPED at School by DUDE in a Skirt - Louder With Crowder ›
- Loudoun County Rapist Put on Sex Offender Registry for Life ... ›
- Watch: Father at Center of Loudoun County Rape Blasts DOJ ... ›
- Loudoun County Consultant: Public School Isn't For Learning ... ›
- 6-year-old Asks Mom if She was Born Evil bc She was White ... ›
- Iranian Dad 'Congratulates' Loudoun County school board. - Louder ... ›
- Daily Wire Announces $100M Investment to Compete With Disney - Louder With Crowder ›
- Daily Wire’s Boreing Tells Forbes ‘We Only Win When We Win' - Louder With Crowder ›