MYTHS DEBUNKED: 6 Reasons Dylann Roof Was Actually a Liberal Activist
Today, the 'Confederate Flag' (which is actually the flag of the Army of Tennessee) was removed from the South Carolina State House. We commend Governor Haley for taking this step. However, we also recognize that a flag didn't create racism and removing a flag from a building won't end racism.
Leftists and the mainstream media would have you believe Dylann Roof was a right-wing extremist. Except he wasn't. There's a big difference between the ideologies of the right and left in this country.
The first is an ideology of freedom and individualism. The other, Democrat leftism, is ideology of tyranny and dependence. Dylan Roof was anything but a freedom-loving, right-winger. Here's why:
1. The Confederate Flag - Dylann Roof's prop of choice. It flew atop the South Carolina State House because of... Democrats. Yup, racist Democrats are the reason.
In July of 1948, at the Democratic convention, nine southern states backed Georgia’s Senator Richard Russell over Harry Truman, and paraded about waving a Confederate flag to the strains of Dixie. That moment sprung a movement, and Confederate flags flew off shelves in the months that followed. A few decades later, then Democrat Governor, Ernest "Fritz" Hollings, presided over the first Confederate flag being hoisted above the South Carolina State House. The Confederacy was comprised of Democrats, and they're the ones who kept that flag flying. A Republican took it down.
2. Skinheads, white supremacy and the KKK - these groups, admired by Dylann Roof, weren't founded by conservatives. Shocked? Time for a history lesson.
In his book A Short History of Reconstruction, Dr. Eric Foner (liberal historian and professor) explains, “The Klan was a military force serving the interests of the Democratic party, the planter class, and all those who desired the restoration of white supremacy. It aimed to destroy the Republican party’s infrastructure, undermine the Reconstruction state, reestablish control of the black labor force, and restore racial subordination in every aspect of Southern life.” Sound kinda like Dylan Roof to you?
3. Slavery and civil rights - Dylann Roof is a racist who believes in slavery and violations of civil rights. Any guesses who else supports slavery and hates civil rights? It was southern Democrats who opposed Civil Rights reform in 1957, 1960, and 1964. Democrats who opposed Reconstruction. Democrats who opposed anti-lynching laws. Democrats who opposed the 14th and 15th Amendments. People can say "oh but they've changed" but the fact remains: on every civil rights issue throughout history, Democrats have been on the wrong side. Period.
4. American hatred - Dylan Roof liked to burn the American flag. Find me one Conservative who has burned the American flag. ONE. You can't. Because you know who apologizes for America? You know who hates America? You know who burns American flags? Leftists, that's who. But only to show that they love America... or something.
5. A loser dad - Dylann Roof's dad is an absolute jerk. He's a wife beater who stalked his ex-wife and was never home to spend time with his son. Leftists tell us kids don't necessarily need dad - the government will take care of you. Because dads really aren't important, but they are great fodder for mockery on our favorite television shows!
This is perhaps one of the saddest myths of our time. Kids without a good dad? They're far more likely to have drug problems, behavioral issues, drop out of school and end up in prison than those whose dad is actively involved in their life. (NOTE: We are not saying that Dylan Roof's father is responsible for the Charleston tragedy. Everyone makes their own choices in life, and Dylan must be held responsible. We are merely pointing out statistical data on parental involvement and behavioral issues.)
*UPDATED 6. Drug abusing meth head - Agree or disagree with them, you don't see Conservatives out there preaching that drugs won't hurt you. Leftists talk about decriminalizing all drugs, though. Do whatever you want! Your body, your choice - it doesn't matter what other people think because it doesn't affect them! Except... sometimes it does. Dylann Roof started off as an unparented, overly medicated kid, and ended up a loser addicted to drugs. He's practically a walking PSA.
Still think Dylann Roof was a right wing extremist? Sound off in the comments below!