There seems to be some confusion on who did what when and how in the Middle East, leading to much pointing of fingers and egging of face. To clear up any confusion, the relevant timeline is as follows, bullet-pointed for your viewing ease:
- Iranian general Qasem Soleimani orchestrated attacks against the United States in various forms, culminating in an attack against the US Embassy.
- Donald Trump snuffed Soleimani.
- Iran blew off some fireworks and killed no Americans.
- Trump holds a press conference to announce Iran killed no Americans.
- Iran launched a missile “accidentally” and took out a Ukrainian jet full of 176 people, including Iranians, Canadians, Ukrainians and zero Americans.
- Democrats blame Trump for the airplane’s crash.
Despite the clear timeline wherein Donald Trump has zero to do with the Iranians blasting a plane out of the wild blue yonder, the left and its most vocal cultists did this:
Innocent civilians are now dead because they were caught in the middle of an unnecessary and unwanted military tit for tat.
My thoughts are with the families and loved ones of all 176 souls lost aboard this flight. https://t.co/zWaVgWxfdL
— Pete Buttigieg (@PeteButtigieg) January 9, 2020
I know that’s two, but it’s a big two. One of them is gay, weird, and has a few questionable character choices. The other is Pete Buttgig, presidential candidate.
The popular thing on the left is to hate Donald Trump. Fine. I didn’t like Barack Obama and thought a bell pepper would do a better job running the country. But I’d like to think that if the Iranians took down a Ukrainian plane, chock full of non-Americans, I wouldn’t blame Obama even if Obama droned some baddies. Which, so you know, Obama droned plenty of baddies. Plus a few Americans.
Remember, the Democrats and larger left are usually the ones who moan and groan over how “divided” a nation we are. But they’re blaming Trump for blowing up a civilian jet. So you tell me. Who’s dividing this nation?