One of my favorite adages is “Tis better to be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.” Someone should share it with the following dumbasses:
When you want to confiscate firearms, but you still need to figure out what a firearm is. pic.twitter.com/XKH12W8Hdp
— Alana Mastrangelo (@ARmastrangelo) February 26, 2018
I could give the above morons a pass if finding information on any given topic required swimming across the English Channel using nothing but Sponge Bob Square Pants floaties. However, seeing as how “What do you call those metal things you put in a gun” is as simple as typing those words into Google, sorry.
Let’s run through some basics real quick. Democrats, take notes. This is for you.
- Cartridges are loaded into magazines. But only for semi-automatic weapons (one shot, one trigger pull). Cartridges go into the cylinder (the spinny thingy) for a revolver. I won’t even discuss how to load a shotgun, I don’t think y’all are ready for that.
- Bullets are fired from a gun. The bullet is only one part of the cartridge.
- Clips are what girls use to keep their bangs out of their faces. When firing guns. Or so you may clearly see how their eyes roll when you talk about guns.
- Unloaded guns cannot fire. You must first load the gun to fire the gun. Otherwise, it’s nothing but a glorified paperweight.
- A trigger must be pulled by some kind of living thing (or maybe a Westworld host) in order for it to fire. Guns do not fire all by themselves. In that way, guns are much like mechanical pencils. Needs a human operator. Wish I could say the same for the bodies you’re somehow animating with life. Certainly not powered by functional brains.
- Lastly, if you’re going to insist Americans give something up, maybe learn about that something first.
Learn something from this post? Good. Give these a try:
- We the Internet Video: 7 Things to Know Before Discussing Guns
- Katy Tur Says People Must Choose Between Kids or Guns
- Dear Celebrities Demanding We ‘Do Something’ About Guns: YOU FIRST!