Everybody and their brother is suddenly an expert on Iran – not to mention nuclear power and weapons. Just check the hashtags on twitter. Now, we’re not experts on either. But we do have a few concerns about the President’s new nuclear deal with this nation. Here are 5 reasons we think a nuclear Iran is a really, really bad idea:
1. They lie about the nuclear power they already have. And they tell us they lie. Why would anyone think giving them more to lie about – especially when it has to deal with potentially world-ending power – is a good idea?
2. Death to America. Iranians want us gone. Tens of thousands of them got together and literally yelled “DEATH TO AMERICA.” Granting them the power to make that happen seems brilliant, doesn’t it?
3. The total annihilation of Israel. It’s not only Iran’s President who says the only solution to world peace is to wipe an entire nation (Israel) off the map. It’s ALL of the nation’s leaders. Is it any wonder Prime Minister Netanyahu advises strongly that we not help Iran more fully develop their nuclear program?
4. Iran funds terrorists. Chinese banks, offshore accounts – these guys support terror any way they can. If a nation will support terror financially, what would stop them from also providing nuclear weapons to terrorists?
5. Human rights violations abound in Iran. Hundreds – including children – are killed each year for apostasy, adultery, drug possession and other crimes. Political prisoners abound, free speech is unknown, women are suppressed, and minorities are persecuted. Not to mention what they do to gays. Strike that, what they would do to gays if any actually existed in Iran. Why should we play nice with these people at all?