I want to make it clear up front, unlike some on the right, none of us here are sudden fans of Julian Assange. He’s not a patriot, an ally of America, nor does it sound like he’s a decent human. Okay? Okay. But it seems opinions of him shift depending on who his information helps. Let’s just say Assange was cast in a different light when he was helping the left…
I get the frustration of Wikileaks doing the job the media won’t (when a Democrat is involved). And we won’t deny having fun at Hillary’s expense last year (see WIKILEAKS BOMBSHELL: Yet Another Bill Clinton Mistress, Dubbed ‘Energizer Bunny’ and NEW WIKILEAKS: Hillary Loves Wall Street, Open Borders, and Universal Healthcare).
That said, leftists had a drastically different opinion of Assange when he was harming their cause rather than helping it. This is our new normal. It’s ok when Assange’s information helps my side, but not ok when it doesn’t. So if you can, put aside your bias for Assange as a person (he’s deplorable, okay? Okay) and focus on the information he’s providing. Compartmentalize for a second.
With all things being equal and both sides’ hypocrisy canceling out the other, news is news…
— FOX & friends (@foxandfriends) January 4, 2017
The key issue here is whether this is true. Has our government been as exposed as Anthony Weiner on a Chat-Roulette bender?
- Was John Podesta’s email password basically “password?”
- Did he think up this devious little password while enjoying a cocktail at a spirit cooking?
- Does John Podesta’s lackluster email security mean the Russians successfully hacked the election and delivered us Trump?
- Or does it just mean WikiLeaks hacked his easily hackable email because even a child could do it, and the Russians had zero to do with the election outcome? Ahem.
- How does Assange keep his hair so perfectly white? Is this a statement against people of color?
Asking these questions doesn’t mean we–or you–are supporting the sleazebag at the center of the questions. Nor does it mean you believe conspiracy theories the Russians stole the election from Hillary. Be honest with yourself. You’re a clever enemy of the United States. Who would you rather have as leader of America? Hillary Pantsuit who’s own campaign manager sets their password as “password”? Or Donald Trump, who picked General James Mattis as Secretary of Defense? Yes, I framed both questions in a leading manner. I’m a writer, not a pollster.
But for the sake of the country, these questions need to be asked. Especially about the hair. I mean Assange is basically Gandalf the White in the making with that do. Someone give him a staff.