After Trump signed his tax reform bill, the left was full of woeful “oh no’s.” They said people would die. America would hurl into poverty. Methane would ignite into a fiery furry worse than nuclear weapons. Hyperbole: the left’s drug of choice.
Despite all the left’s hysteria, America isn’t sinking into a black hole of irrelevancy. Companies all over the U.S. are investing billions, creating jobs, giving raises, giving bonuses, opening manufacturing plants, and much more. Industries around the world are also investing hundreds of billions in the U.S.
Here’s the MASTER list of companies making positve changes because of tax reform.
1. SCIENCE / INNOVATION
- Bayer – investing $8 billion in the U.S. and creating 3,000 jobs
- DOW – creating state of the art innovation center in Michigan
2. RETAIL / FOOD SERVICES
- Amazon – investing creating 100,000 jobs over next 18 months
- Walmart – investing $6.8 billion and creating 34,000 jobs
- Starbucks – $250 million on wage hikes and benefits, and will create 8,000 new retail jobs.
- Home Depot – creating 80,000 new jobs nationwide
- Kroger – planning 2017 expansion adding 10,000 jobs
- Hostess – giving $1,250 bonuses to 1,036 employees, plus free weekly snacks
3. BANKING / FINANCE
- SoftBank of Japan – investing $50 billion in the United States, creating 50,000 jobs
- Fifth Third Bancorp – raising minimum wage to $15. Giving 13,500 employees bonuses
- Wells Fargo – increasing minimum wage to $15. Giving $400 million in donations
- Bank of America – giving employees $1000 bonuses
- JP Morgan – spending 20 billion, raising pay, opening 400 new branches
4. TECHNOLOGY / MEDIA
- Apple – creating 20K new jobs, investing 300+ billion jobs
- Comcast – giving $1,000 bonuses to 100,000 “frontline and non-executive employees”
- AT&T – giving $1,000 bonuses to more than 200,000 employees. Investing $1 billion in U.S.
- Sprint – bringing 5,000 jobs back to the U.S. OneWeb creating 3,000 jobs
- IBM investing $1 billion, hiring 25,000 U.S. workers, opening 20 tech vocational schools
- Foxconn – expanding U.S. production, creating 50,000 jobs, investing $7 billion
- TransLux – moving full manufacturing from China back to U.S.
- Exxon Mobil – investing $20 billion and create 47,000 jobs
- Intel – investing $7 billion and create 3,000 jobs in AZ
- Verizon – will give nearly all of its employees 50 shares of restricted stock, worth roughly $53 each
- Disney – giving 125,000 employees $1000 bonuses, investing in employee education
- Tesla, Panasonic – making solar cells in Buffalo, New York creating 1,500 jobs and investing $5 billion
- Ford – canceling $1.6 billion Mexico Plant. Expanding in Michigan adding 700 jobs and investing $700 million
- Fiat Chrysler – investing $1 billion and adding 2,000 jobs in Michigan and Ohio
- GM – investing $1 billion in the U.S. and creating/retaining 1,000 jobs
- Hyundai-Kia – investing $3.1 billion in the U.S. over 5 years
- Toyota – investing $10 billion in the U.S. over 5 years
- Stanley Black and Decker – opening $35 million plant in US
- Boeing – spending $300 million on “employee-related and charitable investments”
- U.S. Steel – rehiring laid-off workers, adding 10,000 jobs, investing $10 billion
- FedEx – investing $3.2 billion in employee raises, pensions, expansion
Need we say more?
There’s a lot of misinformation surrounding the tax bill. Don’t be duped by lying hustlers Samantha Bee Ninny: