Louder with Crowder is in search of a Director of Research, Multimedia Expert, Audio Engineer, Show Segment Writer and Office Minion.
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE APPLYING. SUPER SERIOUS ABOUT THIS!
Hello job-seeker, it's Courtney here. Whenever Louder with Crowder posts job openings, we're flooded with applicants. When I say "flooded" I don't mean a casual trickle, nor a gentle stream down which we could row a boat merrily, merrily, merrily. Think more of an astroid hitting the Pacific Ocean a la a late 90's disaster film. We appreciate the enthusiasm to join our dedicated team. Seriously. It's beyond flattering. But you need to know your application is a drop in the wall of water heading toward those of us *ahem* who must sort through them.
As such, it's critical you follow all directions outlined. Failure to do so will result in your application's swift termination with nary a care from me or anyone else on staff. It's not that we don't love and appreciate you for the special person you are. We just have hundreds of applications to sort through. Pray for us.
BEFORE YOU APPLY for any position listed below, read this bit of backhanded advice wrapped in kind of friendly insults, written by yours truly: Okay Millennials, Y'all Need to Learn How to Apply for Jobs.
QUICK TIPS FOR SUCCESS:
- Keep your resume to one page. Resumes over one page shall be deleted.
- Apply for the job only if you're qualified. It's great you want to be part of the company and the show. We love that. But we can't hire people because they're fans. We need qualified applicants only.
- Hundreds of people apply. Do not contact anyone at LWC wondering if your resume was received. You'll only be contacted if we want to set up an interview. If you contact us through our private internet accounts and channels wondering where you are in the process, it won't be good for you. Read between the lines there. Help us help you, and respect the hiring process.
- Understand that all jobs are in conservative news media. We're not a traditional 9 to 5 kind of place. So if you're hoping to hit it and quit it, LWC may not be the right fit. Nor media in general. We work hard and a lot. I'm not exaggerating.
More jobs will be added soon. Don't apply until posted.
Read before applying.
Director of Research
If you're a news, information and data junkie, read on. We're looking for a Director of Research who loves following the numbers to wherever they may lead. This is more than just running a few Google searches, it's conducting thorough deep dives to find answers. Quickly. This is a job for an egghead who spends a great deal of time online.
We're a news and entertainment show, which means we not only cover news of the day, we often dive deep into news that matters, giving a perspective not given by mainstream outlets. We're looking for a director of research who can guide our team of writers to find the best, most accurate data in a quick turnaround. We will often need more thorough research into specific areas, to give more nuance and context to a story that might have been missed or purposefully edited from a mainstream show's coverage.
- 5-7 years writing experience desired, preferably in news or think tank environments.
- Thorough understanding of research techniques for a tech-based world: you know how to find data online beyond Google searches!
- Are comfortable with various social media platforms.
- Insanely organized in presenting information.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including a solid understanding of spelling and grammar.
- Able to work independently within a fast, dynamic, complex, collaborative environment.
- Willing to work early in the morning and sometimes weekends.
- Willing and able to work under tight deadline pressures in a high stress environment.
- Work well with a team.
Prove your ability:
Send us a researched story. Vague instructions? That's the idea. We're looking for someone who is familiar with the show, conservative view points, and understands what our show delivers to audiences. The director of research is a higher level position in the company and can direct the writing team all on his or her own, with little instructions given. Wow us with your ways. Show us something that'll knock our pants off and send us running to find replacements.
Availability: You need to be okay working very early hours, sometimes weekends. If you're willing to relocate to Dallas, Texas, even better. Say so in your application email.
Salary: based on experience
The position is Dallas-based. Please do not apply unless you are in or are willing to relocate to the DFW metroplex area. Super serious, guys, gals and zees. The tech isn't where it needs to be for this position to be remote.
We're looking for an experienced videographer who wears many hats and handles producing segments from idea, planning, filming, to a polished final edit.
Moving expenses will be considered on an as-required basis. Salary is negotiable based on experience. Use "Glorious Hat Model" in the subject line of your application email.
- Quickly translate sketch ideas into final air-ready comedy bits for the morning show
- Craft polished visual jokes using Photoshop (photo bashing, photo manipulation)
- Ability to edit the full daily show
- Pull several moments from the daily show and edit into short, informative, entertaining, insightful clips for our CrowderBits channel
- Create thumbnails for the full show and CrowderBits
- Sync multiple cameras, audio inputs and edit lengthy on-location "Super Videos" (Change My Mind)
- Edit fast, snappy, entertaining teasers to use as promo for livestreams and upcoming videos
- Assemble 2D assets and create motion graphics using those assets
- Create call sheets and schedules for field shoots as needed
- Work with producers to prioritize and batch tapings
- Use Photoshop to create film quality backgrounds to use as green screen backdrops (when filming parodies)
- Set up and match lighting to storyboards for keying (when filming parodies)
- Utilize After Effects to green screen footage and compose to match cinematic looks (when filming parodies)
- Color correct sketches to film standards
- Test and maintain studio equipment
- Maintain and organize field equipment (cameras, memory cards, GoPros, audio gear, etc.)
- Must have a solid reel, sent to us via ONE link, preferably on YouTube/Vimeo or similar. Don't make us download.
- Mastery of Adobe Suite especially Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop
- 3-5+ years in a film production environment, wearing multiple technical hats
- Mastery of image compositing and color correction
- Experience composing green screen footage in After Effects
- Experience operating ENG cameras (Sony FS7, Canon C100, Canon 305)
- Experience operating Black Magic Cinema Camera
- Proficient time management skills and multitasking various projects
- Comfortable working under tight deadlines, adjust work rapidly to feedback, and consistently deliver high quality work
- Experience with audio in filming and running an audio board is a plus
- Able to operate cameras to tape cinematic sketches or segments is a plus
Louder with Crowder is looking for an experienced audio engineer with an affinity for mixing studio audio. The position is Dallas-based and available immediately. Moving expenses will be considered on an as-required basis. Salary is negotiable based on experience. Start the subject line of your application email with "Music to your ears."
You must send audio files to be considered for this job, prerably as ONE link via YouTube, Vimeo or similar. Do not make us download your work. Upload it somewhere so we can all see it with ease. We will hold live trials for the position before hiring full time.
- Operate audio equipment during field sketches (boom, audio recorder, wireless LAV mics, etc)
- Maintain and organize audio field equipment
- Operate audio board during live studio broadcasts and studio pre-tapes
- Test and maintain studio audio equipment
- Continuously improve quality of audio in all final products
- Perform post-audio processing to attain best quality from mediocre recordings
- Troubleshoot and make recommendations for equipment improvements
- Record and provide coaching for voiceovers and song parody vocals
- Setup and tweak audio board settings to improve quality and accommodate live changes
- Occasionally operate camera and sound on field shoots
- 3-5+ years in a broadcast environment, wearing multiple technical hats (can't just be running audio from your church unless you were paid for it!)
- Experience with audio engineering in a studio setting
- Experience recording audio in the field
- Experience in sound baffling and creating ideal audio conditions
- Audio post processing experience in Audition, Ableton, or pro tools
- Cinematic and high energy promotional sound design experience preferred
- Engineering background preferred
- Video editing experience a plus
- Photoshop experience a plus
- Detail oriented and extremely organized
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Suite
- Must have solid reel and references!!!
Show Segment Writer
Louder with Crowder is looking for a show segment writer who can add and format stories for the daily show map. You should be a news junkie, work quickly, are super organized in how you write and present information, and demonstrate a clear understanding of the conservative view point.
We're looking for applicants who are happy to work in the wee morning hours for our morning show and on the weekends. This is not a typical 9-5 job. If you're looking for a gig that is more normal hours, this position probably isn't for you.
Your attitude should be upbeat, eager, and ready to go. You take criticism well and won't melt down if your story isn't chosen for the final show map, but you will work hard to make sure future stories are up to show quality.
Start the subject line of your application email with "Show Me the News!"
Prove your ability:
We're looking for applicants who already know how to present a story for a show, and clearly understand conservative principles. For the following test, we need you to write a show map. Show maps are used for the daily show every single day we have a show. Our segment writers can create these maps in short order. Meaning if this task takes you days to complete, this job isn't for you. Brush up on your news gathering and writing skills and apply later.
Competitive candidates will create a show map from nothing in hours. We're not exaggerating to scare you off, here. This is a fast paced working environment and we want to make sure every single person on the team is happy and successful in their positions.
Preference is obviously given to candidates who have previous show writing experience, or are currently employed in news media.
Here's a link to a doc with the guidelines we follow for structuring arguments and formatting the show map: Show Map Formatting and Rules.
- identify the most important, breaking, trending story of the day (NOT OLD NEWS. NOT RECYCLED NEWS. NOT THINK PIECES. CURRENT NEWS!)
- form a cogent and concise argument from the conservative viewpoint (do not just restate what we already know!)
- present your story/segment in a way that is informative for the audience who doesn't have time to be a news junkie.
- 3-5 years writing experience is a MUST! Major preference is given to candidates who've written professionally, especially in news media.
- 3-5 years working experience is desired.
- Have an active Twitter account? List it in your resume. Make sure it's public!
- Email us a shareable link of your Google Doc along with your resume and cover letter. Failure to include a Google Doc link to the show map will result in your elimination for this job.
- Be organized. Insanely organized.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including a solid understanding of spelling and grammar. If you misspell something in your show map test... your application will be deleted.
- Able to work independently within a fast, dynamic, complex, collaborative environment.
- Willing to work early in the morning and weekends.
- Willing and able to work under tight deadline pressures.
- Work well with a team.
Salary: Based upon experience
Job Type: Part to full time for right applicant. If you're not in DFW area of Texas, indicate if you're willing to relocate.
Louder with Crowder is looking for a proactive intern who helps keep the studio running by happily tending to thankless tasks. Make no mistake, this position isn't glamorous. It's not a position for an entitled type who thinks certain work is beneath them. No job is too small for the Office Minion. No job is too dirty (in the actual mess sense, not the sex kind, gross). The Office Minion is even fine with being called a "minion." We're not a PC place. Get used to it.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supply runs and restocking
- Cleaning and maintaining the bathrooms, yes even after someone's clogged the toilets
- Maintaining the coffee machine (emptying the coffee grind tray, water tray, cleaning the filter, refilling the water, etc)
- Keeping the kitchen stocked and cleaned, including loading and unloading the dishwasher, cleaning and drying dishes too delicate for the washer, keeping the fridge fresh and free of science experiments, emptying the trash, and all other kitchen duties.
- Mailing and post office runs
- Various "task rabbit" duties, like assembling office furniture
- Getting food, or taking care of catering for events
- Providing coffee, water, tea for staff both pre and post show
- Handling receipts and ensuring staff is reimbursed for office and studio expenses
- Airport runs and drop-offs
- Use "Let me clean your mug" in the subject line of your application email
- General cleaning of office and studio: vacuuming, dusting, keeping work and office space areas clean, cleaning up after lunch and events, putting things away, etc.
- And other small jobs as they come up!
- Fantastic attitude, with a go-getter mentality. If you see a problem, you take care of it, you don't wait to be ASKED to handle it. We're all very busy, we need your help around the studio so we can focus on OUR jobs.
- This is an entry-level position, so we're not looking for 3-5 years work experience, but we do need references from people who are not your mom. As lovely as she undoubtedly is.
- You also need to have a valid drivers license and will need to pass a background check.
- Must be a legal adult, 18-years-old or above.
- Must be in or around the DFW metroplex.
- PUNCTUALITY is your middle name!
EVERYONE READ THIS OR ELSE!
Application requirements / process:
- Several interviews, either in person or via Skype
- Must complete trial projects in tight turn around time
- Must pass a thorough background check
- Some jobs are best performed in studio, not remotely
How do I apply?
If you qualify for the jobs above, email your resume, a brief cover letter (in PDF format) which includes three ways you can personally add value to Louder with Crowder to firstname.lastname@example.org. Failure to include any of that in your email will result in the application's denial.
Please do not send resumes or applications which are not for the jobs listed above. Do not send photoshops, memes or sketch ideas to this address. This email address is only for the jobs outlined above. Steven does not read emails received for jobs, so don't email thinking you'll get Steven. You won't. Help us with the hiring process by respecting the hiring process. Due to the sheer number of applications we receive, we cannot reach out to all applicants who apply.