The words “Nancy Pelosi” and “go away” are often mouthed in the same sentence. Usually in the night by fathers warding off boogeymen from their children’s closets. In a pleasant surprise, Democrats themselves are now considering banishing Pelosi. After years of her reign, some leftists are tired of being trapped in her leathered clutches. Now they’re speaking out.
Rep. Linda Sanchez (Calif.), the fifth-ranking House Democrat, in an interview published Thursday said it’s time for Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and her leadership team to pass the torch to a new generation.
Sanchez, publicly reflecting views that are seldom heard among top Democrats in the House, added that she would like “to see that happen.”
Pelosi, who won an eighth term as House Democrats’ leader in November after a challenge by Rep. Tim Ryan (Ohio), has faced calls from some Democratic lawmakers, like Rep. Seth Moulton (Mass.), in recent months to step aside.
Such distaste for Pelosi isn’t a new thing (see #StandWithNancy: Democrats Looking to Oust… Nancy Pelosi?!). Democrats have long desired to rid themselves of this wrinkled wart. Can’t say we blame them. This is the same Nancy Pelosi who boasts such accomplishments as these:
- Pelosi Compares DREAMers to Japanese in Interment Camps
- Nancy Pelosi: “Constitution Doesn’t Say You Can’t Yell ‘Wolf’ in a Crowded Theater…”
- Pelosi Refuses to Condemn Democrat Congressman’s Sexist Joke
- MORON ALERT: Nancy Pelosi Says Everyone is Better Off Under Obamacare…
- BUSTED: Nancy Pelosi Caught Telling Politician to Pander
- SICK: Pelosi Tells Adopted Girl Moms “Should Have the Choice” to Abort
Watching the left self destruct was one of the best elements of 2016. It’s also shaping up to be great entertainment for the rest of us in 2017. I can’t wait till 2020.