Gen Z's new thing to be triggered over is the 'thumbs up' emoji at work. No, really. This is a thing now.
This year marks the ten-year anniversary of me working from home. I often say I would only go back to an office for one of two reasons: a ton of money, or no other options. Hearing that zoomers get triggered by what emoji you use is a key reason why I'm happy with my choice. And why I'm thankful my only coworker is my cat.
This started on Reddit, which makes it a thing now. The thumbs-up emoji is triggering.
One dude who sounds like he's no fun to be around said it's best to never use the "hurtful" thumbs-up emoji in any situation. "Took me a bit to adjust and get out of my head that it means they're mad at me."
Then others joined in.
"It feels like people are 'too lazy' to type a written response." Or, you are someone who is annoying to respond to and an emoji saves us the trouble of having to talk to you.
"Do you mean yes I will do something, okay I agree or is it just confirmation that you received the message." It could mean those things. Or it could not. On behalf of GenX, we don't care either way.
This response is my favorite: "We’re people and we have words to use. If I took the time out to write a thoughtful message then you shouldn’t be responding with the bare minimum. Fix it and write something real back."
Fine. I'll send you back a middle finger emoji. Ten bucks say "Becki" files a complaint with human resources that I didn't choose the right skin tone for the finger.
One "business consultant" says the proper thing to do would be to ask your coworkers if they are okay with emoji use, to ensure that you don't offend them. If someone is that triggered by a tiny computer graphic, rest assured they don't have to worry about me offending them. I won't be communicating with them in order to be offensive.
Zoomers are the poop emoji of generations. Put that in a work chat.
Facebook doesn't want you reading this post or any others lately. Their algorithm hides our stories and shenanigans as best it can. The best way to stick it to Zuckerface? Bookmark LouderWithCrowder.com and check us out throughout the day!
Also follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Gettr!
NFL Legend, Troy Aikman TRIGGERS Feminists HARD! | Louder With Crowderyoutu.be
- Ukrainians Are Shrink Wrapping Looters to Electric Poles - Louder ... ›
- Police Casualties, People Killed During 'Peaceful Protests' - Louder ... ›
- Watch: Have You Heard of Ray Epps and His Alleged Ties to ... ›
- Security footage shows woman hitting worker with brick - Louder ... ›
- Female business owners flee Chicago over crime, blame mayor ... ›
- Adult Males Room With Fifth-Grade Girls on School Trip - Louder ... ›
- Today in Biden: Superspreading germs to the elderly - Louder With ... ›
- LOL: Netflix Changes Review Format After Amy Schumer's Disaster ... ›
- Dating app survey says singles are looking for more - Louder With ... ›
- Troy Aikman apologizes for slight criticism of NFL - Louder With Crowder ›