Top 7 Myths Liberals Push About The AR-15 Rifle...
The Obama administration is considering a strange new strategy. Since taking our guns isn't working out so well (that 2nd Amendment thing), the President figures he'll just take our ammo. If we don't have the ammo, we can't use the guns, right?
Interestingly, the ammo President Obama is currently seeking to ban is the popular 5.56mm, fired by the infamous AR-15. The AR-15 is the "scary looking" semi-automatic gun often portrayed by the media as an "assault rifle." Liberals have long been trying to rid us of this weapon, often citing one of the following 7 myths about AR-15's:
1. "AR" stands for "assault rifle." False. The "AR" in AR-15 stands for "ArmaLite Rifle," so named for the company which developed it in the 1950's.
2. AR-15's are machine guns. False. A semi-automatic weapon, the AR fires only one bullet each time the trigger is pulled. You cannot hold the trigger in for a continuous fire as you could with a machine gun or automatic weapon.
3. AR-15's use big bullets and cause more damage than other guns like shotguns. False. Shotguns are far more deadly at close range than a AR-15.
4. AR-15's aren't used for hunting. False. Actually, an AR-15 makes an excellent choice for hunting a variety of game, both large and small.
5. AR-15's are the most popular rifle in America. False. The Ruger 10/22 is the most popular semi-automatic rifle in the US according to GunBroker.com.
6. AR-15's aren't good for self-defense. False. AR-15's are among the best firearms options for self-defense.