Top 5 Reasons Sarah Palin's Right: Bill O'Reilly Is a FAKE Conservative
Bill O'Reilly's at it again. No, not the phone sex. Seems it's not enough for this guy to report the news. Nope, he's got to make news by taking a cheap shot at Sarah Palin. And no matter how you feel about her politically, the woman's taken more cheap shots than any dame ever should.
O'Reilly however, apparently doesn't agree. Earlier this week in the opening remarks of his Fox News show, "The O'Reilly Factor," he stated,
"Sarah Palin, Donald Trump, Chris Christie all may run for president on the Republican side. Wow. Talk about a reality show."
This lightly veiled jab at both Palin and Trump has (understandably) caused quite a stir from both the left and the right.
Palin, who appeared on Fox's "Hannity" later that evening responded to O'Reilly's comments,
"Oh Fox, a quasi or assumed conservative outlet and we have all day listening to the tease of Bill O’Reilly’s. He’s talkin’ about the guests on his show tonight... all these GOP contenders thinking about running for president, like Donald Trump, Sarah Palin. And he names ‘em off, and he says, 'Oh, what a reality show that would be, yuk yuk.'
Well, the left doesn’t do that, OK? They take this serious. Because this is war. And hopefully the media, even the quasi right side of the media, won’t be looking at this as some kind of reality show, a joke, because they have theirs, so they’re taken care of fine. No! People of America deserve the best, and competition through a GOP primary, whether a Bill O’Reilly or somebody else assumes it’s a reality show or not, they deserve that competition to surface the competitor who can take on Hillary, or whomever it may be, and win for this country."
Say what you will about Sarah Palin, she's right about this issue. While the right nit-picks, mocks and hounds our candidates until there's no opposition research left for the Dems to do (because we've done it all for them), the left focuses on one goal: winning the prize.
But Bill O'Reilly's cheap shot at Sarah Palin, is really just par for course for someone who is, to borrow Palin's words, a quasi-conservative. His coworkers have a different term, using the word "jerk" to describe him, and that seems pretty fitting, as well. Here's 5 reasons why:
1. He's a pervert. Any boss that (repeatedly) propositions his female employees for phone sex is a pervert. You can click this link to read all about a case O'Reilly would like you to forget, but be warned - it's graphic, and it's disgusting.
2. He abuses the legal system in an attempt to control women. That's right. O'Reilly used his police contacts to have a boyfriend of his former wife's investigated... simply because he was dating his former wife. Oh, and the police expected a nice chunk of change in exchange for their special services, too.
3. He lies to rewrite history. O'Reilly's book, "Killing Lincoln" is not offered for sale at Ford's Theatre's museum bookstore because of what the museum has said to be "factual errors and lack of documentation."
4. He's an arrogant a**. No, really. The man told Newsweek, “I have more power than anybody other than the president, in the sense that I can get things changed, quickly.” Get that. More power than ANYBODY other than the President. More power than the Vice President, or even his own boss Roger Ailes? Wow, Bill.
5. He's rude, crude, and well, he's just a jerk. Don't take our word for it though. Watch the clip below (another warning, this one's explicit, too). Given the choice of hanging out with Sarah Palin or this guy for an afternoon... you better believe we're going to choose the "reality show," Mr. O'Reilly. Because you're no conservative, you're just a jerk.