It’s true. George W. Bush wasn’t the perfect President. If we’re really honest, neither was Reagan. Or Lincoln. Or… well, you get the idea. Thing is, nobody’s perfect. But some men are better Presidents than others. History is usually the best indicator as to which ones were good – even great – and which were not. Sometimes it takes decades for us to realize a President’s success. Other times, the failures of his successor make it glaringly obvious how good we had it.
Case in point: George W. Bush and Barack Obama. Love him or hate him, none can deny that George W. Bush has been the most gracious former President of our lifetime. He purposefully refuses to interject his personal opinions or disagree with the current President publicly. Even while the current chap blames all of his own shortcomings on his predecessor.
And while he won’t point out the glaring differences between the two administrations, we will. Here’s the Top 5 reasons George W. Bush was a waaaaaaay better President than Barack Obama:
1. It’s the economy (stupid). We were better off under Bush. Don’t take our word for it though. Obama’s own numbers tell the story.
2. Our relationship with Israel. Under George W. Bush, it was strong. Under Barack Obama, Obama campaign workers (and possibly hundreds of thousands of American taxpayer $) were sent to Israel in a failed attempt to defeat the country’s Prime Minister in the 2015 election. WHO DOES THAT?!
3. Islamic terrorists. They’ve been around since the days of Muhammad. But at least when George W. Bush was President, they weren’t beheading Americans at home and abroad… and getting away with it.
4. Leadership. Three days after 9/11 (aka, as soon as it was deemed safe), George W. Bush was standing in the rubble of the World Trade Center declaring to the world that America was united and we weren’t going to allow terrorism on our shores. The day after… errr… hours after Benghazi, Barack Obama was in Las Vegas. Campaigning. And just after making a statement on the beheading of American journalist James Foley, he was out playing golf. Par for his Presidential course, as it were. George W. Bush rounds of golf in office: 24. Barack Obama: 186. (And that was the number in April 2014, folks.)
5. Civil Liberties. We had more of them under George W. Bush than we do under Barack Obama. And no, we didn’t make that up. Actually… the lefts beloved ACLU made this declaration! They even wrote that “On May 26, 2011, a majority of the U.S. House of Representatives voted to give President Obama—and all future presidents—more war authority than Congress gave to President Bush two days after the 9/11 attacks”
If you don’t laugh at this schmuck… you’ll cry.
Sound off! Was Bush a better president than Obama? Why or why not?