Top 5 Reasons America Loves Harrison Ford
We all held our breath at the news Harrison Ford was involved in a plane crash earlier this week. Thankfully, he is expected to fully recover. And though his left-leaning political views leave something to be desired, there's no denying that America loves Harrison Ford. He may be a liberal in real life, but many of his most popular on screen roles embody the American spirit and conservative thought. So here's 5 reasons why Americans love Harrison Ford:
1. Han Solo - the free market loving capitalist who annoys big government and is definitely a libertarian. That's right. To quote one of his most famous lines, "Is that the position of the Jedi Order? What the galaxy needs is one language, one system of measurement, one uniform, one flag? Should we just cut the word no out of the language and substitute, 'Yes sir, right away, sir' instead?"
2. Indiana Jones - the archaeologist professor who loathes communism, kills Nazis, and embodies the manly man... all while reminding us of a simpler time when conservatism was the norm rather than the exception. "Yes, the actual Ten Commandments, the original stone tablets that Moses brought down from Mt. Horeb and smashed... Didn't any of you guys ever go to Sunday school?"
3. James Marshall - the President who stands up to Russian aggression, calls terror by its first name... and single-handedly retakes Air Force One after being captured by Russian thugs. "Never again will I allow political self-interest to deter us from doing what we know to be morally right. Atrocity and terror are not political weapons. And to those who would use them, your day is over. We will never negotiate. We will no longer tolerate and we will no longer be afraid. It's your turn to be afraid."
4. Jack Ryan - the CIA analyst of Patriot Games and Clear and Present Danger who fights off Irish terrorists, defends his family, rescues American soldiers, and stands unflinchingly by the truth.
Ritter (bad guy): Jack, computer theft is a serious crime. [hangs up the phone]
Jack Ryan (hero): So are crimes against the Constitution.
5. Dr. Richard Kimble - The Fugitive falsely accused and convicted of killing his wife who exposes corporate fraud, brings a murderer to justice, and clears his good name. "You almost got away with it, didn't you? I know all about it. I can prove it."