Top 5 Myths About Public Shootings and Gun Control
This week, USC had a public shooting. I'd actually been tweeting with one of the students in the school as it occurred. As quickly as you can say "wait for the facts," leftists have already begun the gun-control talks. As per usual, they trot out their usual misconceptions and outright factual inaccuracies. Here are five of them.
1. Gun free zones keep people safe. Not true. 92% of public shootings since 2009 have occurred inside gun free zones. It's a pretty easy stat to find. Yet for some reason, leftists just... try to completely ignore it.
2. They're committed largely by assault rifles. Not even close. 80% of murders involving a firearm are committed by handguns.
3. Cities and countries with strict gun laws have lower instances of shootings. Chicago, a historically gun-free city, saw 82 shootings on July 4th weekend last year, and regularly ranks in the top 3 highest murder rate cities in America. But, when the city began issuing concealed carry permits, the city experienced its lowest murder rate since 1958!
4. Gun violence is increasing. Factually, gun violence in the United States is much lower than it was 20 years ago. Statistically speaking, school shootings are extremely rare. Children are actually 100 times more likely to be shot outside a school than in one, and more mass shootings happen at restaurants than at schools.
5. Violent video games lead to mass killings. This is a myth. While many video games are graphically violent, scientists have not been able to find any causal links between video games and mass murder. So instead of trotting out this old lie overtime there's a tragedy...
- Iowa House Passes Gun Rights Legislation That Gun Owners are Going to Love - Louder With Crowder ›
- White House Confirms: Joe Biden Planning Executive Orders to Push Gun Control - Louder With Crowder ›
- Arizona Signs Law Telling Joe Biden Where to Stick His Gun Control Agenda - Louder With Crowder ›
- SHOW NOTES: GUN CONTROL IS HERE! Biden’s Agenda Gets RADICAL ›
- Commonsense Gun Control Is Nonsense: Change My Mind ›
- Biden's Anti-Gun Law Could Affect 40 Million HANDGUN Owners - Louder With Crowder ›
- Brother of Austin Mass Shooting Victim Speaks Out - Louder With Crowder ›
- World's Worst Mother Demands Family Give Up July 4th - Louder With Crowder ›