Lists are fun, aren’t they? All the information you need compressed into a tiny, digestible format. We think so. That’s why your besties here at LwC organized this nifty list. We know there are tons of crappy myths being pushed by anti-gun trashbags. It can be hard to keep up. So here are the top five gun control myths.
Here’s a recap.
1. “Assault rifles” are a popular choice for mass shootings. Not so. In fact, handguns are responsible for more than 80% of total mass shootings. Something most gun control lobbyists always leave out more often than not. Oops.
2. It is easier to get a gun than a driver’s license. We have a video for this, exposing another common gun control myth regarding the gun show loophole. As it turns out, it’s much harder to acquire a firearm than get on the road in a car.
3. Gun free zones prevent mass shootings. This myth is just downright silly. Criminals are less likely to act out in well armed civilian areas. Why? Because nobody wants their face blown off. They’d rather take their chances with the gun-free victims, or those more commonly known as sitting ducks.
4. Concealed carry holders don’t stop violent crimes. Again, see the above point. And in case you’re itching for examples, just refer to the plethora of cases we have listed here at LwC. You know, the stories where criminals get their butts handed to them on a silver platter. Also, there are AT LEAST 500,000 to over 3,000,000 cases of firearms used defensively in the USA each year according to the CDC. Which means that more firearms are used by good guys, than bad guys. http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/cdc-study-use-firearms-self-defense-important-crime-deterrent
5. Gun control laws actually work. This is, perhaps, the biggest farce of them all. Gun control laws mostly do the opposite of what they’re intended for. Just ask Australia (see Obama Praises Australia’s Gun Ban. The Actual Results…).
In short, gun control advocates get it wrong a lot of the time. Facts get skewed. It’s the only way they can push their narrative.