Texas House Votes to Arrest Lawmakers Who Ran Away from State Instead of Voting on Election Integrity Bill
Texas was set to pass an election integrity bill that, among other things, ADDS dropboxes and early voting days. Democrat hate it. As they do any bill that strengthens voting laws. But as the left has done with Georgia's law and Arizona's law, Democrats decided the best defense was to a) lie, and b) cry raaaaaaacism. Texas Democrats added a new tactic: running away instead of doing their jobs. If the Texas House doesn't have quorum, it can't vote on the bill. So Texas Democrats had someone charter a plane for them and flew to Washington, D.C., for a political rally. The representatives who stayed in the state just voted to have them arrested.
Earlier today, Governor Greg Abbott said that when lawmakers return, they will be arrested. The governor said that the House members who stayed to their jobs were able "to issue a call to have their fellow members who are not showing up to be arrested, but only so long as that arrest is made in the state of Texas." Consider that call issued!
Rep. Will Metcalf asked that "the sergeant at arms, or officers appointed by him, send for all absentees … under warrant of arrest if necessary." Rep. Metcalf's motion passed 76-4. The four opposed were the four Democrats who didn;t run away.
Unfortunately, it sounds like the Democrats who ran away can't get arrested until they return. I was hoping to have Texas Rangers dispatched to Washington, D.C., to round them up.
But that's not the case. They will only be arrested upon returning to the state. At which point, Texas' commonsense voter integrity reforms will be passed. Democrats' little publicity stunt will have been for naught. Greg Abbott will sign reforms that, when the media isn't lying about them, are popular with the American people.
Conservatives are winning the messaging war. Democrats have nothing left but throwing hissy fits.
Looking for a fashionable way to support Louder with Crowder? Get your swag at Crowdershop today!
Crowder: Voter ID Is NOT Racist! | Change My Mind Clips youtu.be
- Six-Month-Old Thrown into Rio Grande by Smugglers, Saved by ... ›
- Trevor Noah Says Dumb Things About Census, Ted Cruz Responds ... ›
- Dear Muslims: Why Am I Drawing Muhammad? Because Go Screw ... ›
- EXCLUSIVE: Texas Massacre Hero, Stephen Willeford, Describes ... ›
- Texas Attorney General Shares Startling Voter Fraud Numbers ... ›
- Teacher Has Meltdown Over Texas State Law - Louder With Crowder ›
- Elon Musk Says He's Creating a New City in Texas - Louder With ... ›
- Dems Challenged to Explain Why Voter Bill Is 'Suppression.' - Louder With Crowder ›
- Gov. Abbott Unloads on Joe Biden Over Voting Law Criticism - Louder With Crowder ›
- FIRST Arrest Warrant Issued for Runaway Texas Democrat - Louder With Crowder ›