Ted Cruz Issues Statement Regarding His Trip to Cancun During the #TexasFreeze
Ted Cruz has been trending all day Thursday. No, not for owning a lib or using his Jedi-like Twitter skills. Cruz was accused of leaving Texas and flying to Cancun. Normally, this would not be a big deal. But as I'm sure you have also seen on the news, Texas is under ArcticSnowMageddonGhaziPalooza. Power is out. Pipes are exploding. People are limited as to how much brisket they are allowed to buy. It's chaos.
So you can imagine, from a political standpoint, photos like this can be problematic for a Texas elected official.
Just confirmed @SenTedCruz and his family flew to Cancun tonight for a few days at a resort they've visited before. Cruz seems to believe there isn't much for him to do in Texas for the millions of fellow Texans who remain without electricity/water and are literally freezing. pic.twitter.com/6nPiVWtdxe
— David Shuster (@DavidShuster) February 18, 2021
I won't fault the left for the hit. If Chuck Schumer was caught fleeing a hurricane for a sunny getaway in Del Ray Beach, I would need a few minutes to myself. Cruz has since confirmed and issued an explanation.
New Statement from @tedcruz: pic.twitter.com/0WMni5O9R1
— Vaughn Hillyard (@VaughnHillyard) February 18, 2021
This has been an infuriating week for Texans. The greatest state in the greatest country in the world has been without power. we have food lines, gas lines, and people sleeping at the neighbor's houses. Our homes are freezing and our lights are out. Like millions of Texans, our family lost heat and power too.
With school canceled for the week, our girls asked to take a trip with friends. Wanting to be a good dad, I flew down with them last night and am flying back this afternoon. My staff and I are in constant communication with state and local leaders to get to the bottom of what happened in Texas. We want our power back, our water on, and our homes warm. My team and I will continue using all our resources to keep Texans informed and safe.
I won't fault him for that. Nor, if I'm being honest, considering all the issues we have to be concerned about, does Cruz taking a trip bother me. There's nothing specific for him to do other than take photo ops of himself riding the back of a snowplow. Or help a stranded driver, conveniently enough with a camera crew. Politically, it looks bad. I'm sure Cruz knows that but took the hit for his kids. Or so he says.
Cruz will be on the wrong end of some snarky tweets and press releases from sanctimonious Democrats. We'll all move on by next week. As, hopefully, will the Texas freeze.
Thomas Finnegan Does WHAT To Survive The Texas Cold!!?? #texasfreeze | Louder With Crowder youtu.be
Need a quick laugh? Check out and subscribe to our CrowderBits YouTube channel for Louder with Crowder skits, opens, and parody videos!
- Ted Cruz Owns Celebrities on Gun Control in TMZ Video - Louder ... ›
- Ted Cruz Delivers Best Performance Yet at Climate Change Hearing ... ›
- AOC DEMANDS the Resignation of Ted Cruz, Josh Hawley - Louder ... ›
- 'Princess Bride' Star Tries Dunking on Ted Cruz. Fails. - Louder With ... ›
- Ted Cruz HAMMERS Mark Zuckerberg for Facebook's Anti ... ›
- Ted Cruz Responds to CNN's Chris Cuomo Over Interview Claims ... ›
- Ted Cruz Calls Out Democrats for Their Dark-Money Hypocrisy ... ›
- Ted Cruz: Questions That Should've Been Asked at Impeachment ... ›
- China is the single biggest threat to the US over the next century ... ›
- Elon Musk's Creating a New City in Texas, Just Because He's Elon Musk - Louder With Crowder ›
- Ted Cruz Demands Schools Reopen, Proposes $10000 Scholarship to Students if They Don't - Louder With Crowder ›
- Matthew McConaughey Claims He's Considering Running for Texas Governor. Kinda. - Louder With Crowder ›