The latest, greatest and biggest trend these days is giant models. Well, giant WOMEN models. Still haven’t seen giant male models with unsightly man-bewbs. Isn’t that interesting? But I digress.
This plus-size model craze is not really about big beauty. It’s about making fat girls feel good about themselves. Plus modeling has NOTHING to do with reflecting normal bodies. Case in point? The Sports Illustrated cover with Ashely Graham.
- So what’s the message to young women here? “It’s okay to be big and beautiful! Diabetic-size even. So long as you have a skinny face, perfect hair, skin teeth and Photoshop skills.”
- Fat models are not demanding that bigger women be judged on their talents but FORCING their gelatinous bodies in front of our faces.
- If you’re obese and claim “I’M PHYSICALLY ATTRACTIVE AND SEXY AND BEAUTIFUL!” I’m going to look, judge and say “No you’re not.”
- Many of these plus-size models are charlatans. They deliberately stay big, FAKE exercise to claim that they’re actually healthy and then turn it into a cottage alternative fitness industry. Case in point https://www.instagram.com/p/9LoHxDTZ-a/
- Most guys would prefer a different model. If that’s hateful, then overtime a guy goes to a bar to pick up a date and he picks one chick over the other, that TOO would be hateful. Models don’t need to be an intersection of the populace, they need to be beautiful. No one’s expecting them to discover the next cure for cancer, we just want to look at them borderline naked. That’s it. The market has spoken. It doesn’t need to be a thing!
What do you think? Tweet me at @scrowder so I can tell you how fantastically wrong you are.