Each day we overwhelm your brains with the content you've come to love from the Louder with Crowder Dot Com website.
But Facebook is...you know, Facebook. Their algorithm hides our ranting and raving as best it can. The best way to stick it to Zuckerface?
Sign up for the LWC News Blast! Get your favorite right-wing commentary delivered directly to your inbox!
MASK RULES HURT
May 06, 2021
SHOW NOTES: GOVERNOR Caitlyn Jenner?! Well, Actually...
Governor Caitlyn Jenner? Hey, stranger things have happened. We also take a deep dive into the D.C. statehood nonsense. Mask "guidelines" are doing more harm than good. And there is a rise in hate crimes against Asians, but not a lot of media attention. Why do you think that is?
GOVERNOR Caitlyn Jenner?! Well, Actually ... | Louder with Crowderyoutu.be
MASK RULES HURT
- Yesterday, CDC Director Rochelle Walensky said kids playing soccer this summer still need to wear masks. SOURCE: CNN
- Maggie Williams, a high school track athlete in Oregon, collapsed at the end of her race because of the mask she was required to wear. As a result, Oregon changed its mask rules, allowing athletes to exercise outdoors without masks. SOURCE: YouTube
- Not wearing a mask when exercising is already in line with scientific guidelines. You don't need a mask when running outside by yourself. SOURCE: CDC
- New Hampshire track coach Brad Keys was fired for not requiring his athletes to wear masks when running. SOURCE: YouTube
- Late last month, a bill granting D.C. statehood passed the House and has moved on to the Senate.
- CLAIM: D.C. needs to be the 51st state so that residents will have representation in Congress. SOURCE: NBC News
- D.C. was never intended to be a state. In Federalist 43, James Madison wrote: "The indispensable necessity of complete authority at the seat of government, carries its own evidence with it… Without it, [...] a dependence of the members of the general government on the State comprehending the seat of the government, [...] might bring on the national councils an imputation of awe or influence…" SOURCE: YaleLaw
- Article 1 Section 8 Clause 17 of the Constitution SPECIFICALLY prohibits D.C. Statehood. "To exercise exclusive Legislation in all Cases whatsoever, over such District (not exceeding ten Miles square) as may, by Cession of particular States, and the Acceptance of Congress, become the Seat of Government of the United States." SOURCE: Constitution
- D.C. already has representation! 3 electoral votes, a delegate to the House, and a mayor who works with Congress.
- D.C.'s delegate to Congress? Eleanor Norton. SOURCES: YouTube, YouTube
- In 1990, JUST MONTHS before she assumed office as D.C. congresswoman, it was revealed that Norton and her husband failed to file D.C. income tax returns between 1982 and 1989. SOURCE: The Pittsburgh Press
- Then in 2010, a voicemail leaked of Norton using her office and influence to shake down lobbyists for cash. SOURCE: YouTube
- CLAIM: The entire state of Wyoming has about 600,000 residents and D.C. has about 700,000; therefore it must be a state.
- Doesn't matter. Again, the Federalist Papers and the Constitution specifically sectioned off D.C. to be a federal district and nonpartisan seat of government.
- And 800,000 people work in D.C., but only 30%-40% of them live in D.C. SOURCES: DataUSA, DCist
- The population of a particular area doesn't matter. D.C. population was over 800,000 in 1950; no argument then.
- CLAIM: Making a new state has been done before with Maine and West Virginia!
- Maine was formed from Massachusetts and West Virginia from Virginia, but they agreed to it, as is constitutionally prescribed!
- The Constitution says: "New States may be admitted by the Congress into this Union; but no new States shall be formed or erected within the Jurisdiction of any other State; nor any State be formed by the Junction of two or more States, or parts of States, without the Consent of the Legislatures of the States concerned as well as of the Congress." SOURCE: Article IV, Section 3
- In this case, Maryland gave up part of its land to create D.C., so Maryland can't give permission to make it a state.
- So, why was D.C. created as an independent district in the first place?
- The Founders moved the capital to D.C. from Philadelphia to make sure that the host state couldn't exert undue pressure on the federal government.
- D.C. was formed out of land given by Virginia and Maryland, though Virginia was given its land back in 1846. SOURCE: The Economist
MORE ANTI-ASIAN HATE CRIMES
- A couple of weeks ago there was concern about anti-Asian hate crimes.
- Mainstream news blames it on white supremacy and makes NO mention of the race of the attackers. SOURCES: HuffPo, Elle, CBS, The New Yorker
- Contrast that with these SAME sources reporting on white attackers. SOURCES: HuffPo, Elle, CBS, TheNewYorker
- And they ALSO didn't mention:
- SAN FRANCISCO: 85-year-old Chui Fong was stabbed while waiting for the bus in Chinatown. SOURCE: ABC News
- Local San Francisco news obtained this photo of the alleged suspect, 54-year-old Patrick Thompson, who has a history of assault with a deadly weapon and serious bodily injury.
- Also, a dad pushing a stroller in San Francisco was punched until he fell to the ground. SOURCE: CBS News
- The attacker, Sidney Hammond, was also arrested for theft and assault just a couple weeks ago. SOURCE: Newsweek
- NEW YORK CITY: 61-year-old Yao Pan Ma's attacker stomped on his head, leaving him in critical condition with a cerebral contusion and facial fractures. Here's the attacker, 49-year-old Jarrod Powell. SOURCES: Twitter, Daily Mail
- BALTIMORE: Two Korean women were beaten with a brick inside their own liquor store. Here's the mug shot of the attacker, 50-year-old Daryl Doles. SOURCES Twitter, Fox Baltimore
Looking for a fashionable way to support Louder with Crowder? Get your swag at Crowdershop today!