Cuban Americans are an amazing group of people with an incredible work ethic. As mentioned in many previous posts, the GOP has a pretty full bench this go around… no favorites here, just facts. Some argue that Marco Rubio could be the best man for the job. Let’s look to the facts. Here’s 5 reasons why:
1. Immigration – so the Gang of Eight bill wasn’t his brightest moment. In fact, it was a bad one. But he says he’s learned from it
(he’s human, just like us), and now heartily proclaims we must secure the border and enforce the laws we already have before looking at other “reform”. Willing to admit mistakes and improve? I can dig it.
2. Relatable – he speaks Spanish, fluently. He played football in college
– and has caught passes from both Dan Marino and Tim Tebow. He has a young, growing family. He’s a practicing Christian. Oh, and Marco Rubio is also the only GOP candidate who has said he will not run for re-election in his current position in order to run for President. How refreshing is that
3. Foreign policy – of the 2016 GOP contenders in the race thus far, Rubio is a member of the Senate Foreign Affairs and Intelligence committees, and has been the most solid on foreign affairs
. He stands with Israel, denounces Iran, and with the latest Obama declaration on improving Cuban relations, Marco Rubio will have a huge platform… hopefully, he takes it.
4. Accomplishments – unlike several other 2016 contenders, Marco Rubio has accomplished things
. Like, real things. Rubio is a real life example of what can be accomplished with a little hard work and the American dream. The son of Cuban immigrants, a stand out athlete, a law degree coupled with political experience on the local, state, and federal level… that’s hard to beat. (Especially if your name is Hillary Clinton.)
5. Uniter – Marco Rubio has the element possibly most needed in this vast GOP field. He may be the only candidate that both Tea Party conservatives and establishment Republicans can unite behind
. If the right splinters, Hillary Clinton will be our President. Marco Rubio has the potential to ensure that doesn’t happen.
Agree? Disagree? Is Marco Rubio the man for the job? Sound off in the comments below!