He’s at it again. President Obama just can’t seem to stop lecturing Christians on how we should behave. On Easter morning – one of, if not the most important of Christian holidays – the President said this, “as a Christian, I am supposed to love. And I have to say that sometimes, when I listen to less-than-loving expressions by Christians, I get concerned.” Whether this comment was a jab at the recent debate over RFRA laws, or just the President on his high-horse yet again (Christians did terrible things during the Crusades too, remember?), we may never know.
What we do know is this. While he refuses to use the term “Islamic” when speaking of Islamic terrorism, and can’t seem to use the word “Christian” when it refers to those murdered by ISIS for their faith, he does like to lecture us about what a Christian is and should be.
But considering the President’s life and example, perhaps he should consider removing the plank from his own eye before going after the specs in ours? Here’s 5 examples that demonstrate what we mean:
1. President Obama not only supports abortion, but as an Illinois State Senator, he voted against the Born Alive Infant Protection Act four times. FOUR TIMES. We’re not even arguing if it’s a fetus or a life at that point. We’re talking infanticide.
In Mark 9:42 Jesus said, “If anyone causes one of these little ones to stumble, it would be better for them if a large millstone were hung around their neck and they were thrown into the sea.” And in Matthew 18:10 Jesus warned, “See that you do not look down on one of these little ones. For I tell you that their angels in heaven always see the face of my Father in heaven.”
2. The utter unkindness of the President when comparing his bowling skills to the Special Olympics was absolutely cringe-worthy. To say it was a “less than loving expression” would be an understatement.
What does the Bible say? “Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that you may know how you ought to answer every man” – Colossians 4:6. And Ephesians 4:32 says, “Be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted…”
3. His treatment of Israel; it’s been less than friendly. From shunning Prime Minister Netanyahu to sending his campaign staffers to work against him in the Israeli elections, Barack Obama has not been a friend to Israel.
According to the Bible, that’s not a good idea. (Not to mention un-Christian.) Speaking to Abraham (grandfather of Israel) in Genesis 12:3, God promised, “I will bless them that bless thee and curse him that curseth thee; and in thee shall all nations of the earth be blessed.” And in Romans 15:27 Christians are reminded that, “If the Gentiles have shared in their (the Jews) spiritual things, they are indebted to minister to them also in material things.”
4. The lies – some people call them “campaign promises.” But when you say things like, “If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor” repeatedly, when you absolutely know it to be a lie… that’s just wrong.
Proverbs 12:22 reads, “Lying lips are abomination to the LORD: but they that deal truly are his delight.” A few chapters later, in Proverbs 17:7 we are reminded that, “Excellent speech becomes not a fool: much less do lying lips a prince.”
5. Arrogance. If you look it up in the dictionary, you very well might find a picture of President Obama. There’s a difference between leaders who are confident and leaders who are arrogant. (Bibi Netanyahu vs. Barack Obama… get it?) What we have in the White House is a nose in the air my-way-or-the-highway executive order crazed man who exudes arrogance in all its stench.
And yes, the God of the Bible has some pretty strong things to say about arrogance. Proverbs 8:13, “The fear of the LORD [is] to hate evil: pride, and arrogance, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate.” In Romans 12:3 the Apostle Paul wrote, “I say to everyone among you not to think more highly of himself than he ought to think; but to think so as to have sound judgment.” (Maybe that’s why “sound judgement” is lacking in this administration?)