Ted Cruz Blasts Obama Admin for Wanting to Censor the Internet...
If you haven't noticed yet, Ted Cruz is a rather reliable source of badassery. (see Ted Cruz Destroys DHS Secretary Over 'Systematic Scrubbing' of Radical Islam... and Ted Cruz Slams Democrats For Gun Control Response Post Orlando Shooting) His latest mission? To save the internet. No, really. Obama has plans to censor the internet and make it a safe space. So Ted Cruz is speaking up about it. It's a longer video, full of information. Ted Cruz is giving out facts and commentary. In his Ted Cruz fashion.
The Obama administration is pushing through a radical proposal to take control of the internet domain names and give it to an international organization, ICANN [Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers], that includes 162 foreign countries, and if that proposal goes through, it will empower countries like Russia, like China, like Iran to be able to censor speech on the internet, your speech.
Imagine searching the internet and instead of seeing your standard search results, you see a disclaimer that the information you were searching for is censored. It is not consistent with the standards of this new international body, it does not meet their approval. Congress should not sit by and let this happen.
Firstly, have you noticed that loads of liberals accuse Cruz of being a religious prude? This pretty much dispels that load of turds. Just take a look at what he's fighting for. Methinks it's not mandatory online Bible studies. He's not trying to scrub the internet of its sinful ways, or sprinkle holy water on every router in America. The Senator simply wants everybody to retain their online freedoms. Yeah, that means even your freedom to do those atrocious things you do on the internet... Like make Harambe memes.
He's not wrong.
Also, for the record? Ted isn't doomsaying or trying to fear-monger. See, those other nations that are a part of ICANN? They don't have things like free speech, but they do have rather less rights and more propaganda. Most of those nations are socialist, and ban everything they don't like. Hence why online censorship is all the rage across the pond (see CENSORSHIP: Facebook, YouTube, Twitter Agree to Ban 'Hate Speech' in Europe...).
But in America? We have the First Amendment, and as a result, we can fight censorship. Cruz is reminding us that we still have the freedom to fight for our freedoms. That's what separates us from the rest of the pack, and it's why these collectivist ideals are especially anti-American. America is synonymous with freedom, and we'd like to keep it that way. So thanks but no thanks, ICANN. Keep your crappy censorship in wimpy Europe. There's a reason why we left.
Also, speaking of banning...
- Ted Cruz Strikes Back: Media's Obsessed with Me Because They Don't Have Trump - Louder With Crowder ›
- Ted Cruz Demands Schools Reopen, Proposes $10000 Scholarship to Students if They Don't - Louder With Crowder ›
- Ted Cruz Disembowels Democrats Over 'Ridiculous Theater' of Gun Control - Louder With Crowder ›
- Ted Cruz Blasts Dems Over 'Ridiculous Theater,' Gun Control - Louder With Crowder ›
- Reporter Shames Ted Cruz For Not Covering His Face, Cruz's Response is Perfect - Louder With Crowder ›
- Ted Cruz Visits Rio Grande, Releases Shocking Video on the Border Crisis - Louder With Crowder ›
- Ted Cruz Release More Shocking Photos, Video of Border Crisis Biden Admin Doesn't Want You to See - Louder With Crowder ›
- Ted Cruz Releases More Shocking Photos, Video of Border Crisis Biden Admin Doesn't Want You to See - Louder With Crowder ›
- Ted Cruz Identifies Three Biden Decisions That Provoked 'Entirely Preventable' Border Crisis - Louder With Crowder ›