Kyle Kashuv Rebuts Gun Control Proposals by New York Times Writer
A New York Times writer gave his proposals for solving our gun problem. Spoiler alert: every point involves more bureaucracy. An epic crap ton of it.
Here's the Sparks Notes version:
1. Require universal background checks.
2. Improve background checks by allowing the federal government adequate time to perform them.
3. Pass “red flag laws” that allow a judge to order the temporary removal of a gun.
4. Get guns out of the hands of domestic abusers.
5. Require safe storage of guns, preferably in a safe or at least with a trigger lock.
6. Make serial numbers harder to file off, and require microstamping, so that cartridges can be traced back to the gun that fired the bullets.
7. Invest in “smart guns” that require a PIN, fingerprint or nearby bracelet to fire.
8. Support community anti-violence programs
9. Limit buyers in most cases to one or two gun purchases a month, to reduce gun trafficking.
10. Invest in gun buybacks.
Now, I could refute those points one by one. Instead, I'll let Kyle Kashuv do the work for me:
pt 1) This is a survey by gun control advocates that I trust about as far as I can throw it. Pt. 2 see… https://t.co/gdXHetGCdA— Kyle Kashuv (@Kyle Kashuv)1527209979.0
health facility. Simply saying that someone can't legally buy a gun isn't a serious response. People can get guns… https://t.co/PN1S8n8fkB— Kyle Kashuv (@Kyle Kashuv)1527210013.0
Why not also take away their cars? pt 4) The intimate relationship numbers are useless because they also include c… https://t.co/gYqO0bma6C— Kyle Kashuv (@Kyle Kashuv)1527210306.0
murderers have a violent criminal history. When you see how relatively small murders are involving women, you get a… https://t.co/SMJGPJiIGQ— Kyle Kashuv (@Kyle Kashuv)1527210339.0
Pt 5) Safe storage laws. https://t.co/QpJM3oy4zV pt. 6) You can easily recover the serial numbers off of guns afte… https://t.co/G2MVOZe3Ts— Kyle Kashuv (@Kyle Kashuv)1527210452.0
Pt. 7) Smart gun laws https://t.co/paC3Ganx1A pt. 8) If you look at the month by month changes in crime in Boston… https://t.co/cTk5SHQXOw— Kyle Kashuv (@Kyle Kashuv)1527210551.0
obscure that fact. In other places, there have been other changes in law enforcement occurring at the same time (e.… https://t.co/A1BUArDbCF— Kyle Kashuv (@Kyle Kashuv)1527210694.0
It’s also illegal for domestic abusers to possess guns — Lautenberg Amendment. Buybacks don’t work (mandatory Austr… https://t.co/uPpwlXxv8n— Kyle Kashuv (@Kyle Kashuv)1527212954.0
Look at all them facts. I'm calling it. Our winner, by way of bitchslap, Kyle Kashuv. Kyle "bitchslapping" is now known as #KashSLAPPED!
New York Times guy's proposals are hypotheticals and theory instead of facts and stats. "It'd be cool if domestic abusers weren't allowed guns." They aren't. "Buybacks are the bee's knees." Ask Australia about that. Thankfully, as usual, Kyle was quick to swoop in to spare a brain cell for this airhead in need. What a thoughtful young man.
Here we have full-grown leftist getting schooled by a teen. A sprout just a few years past investing his Tooth Fairy money in Matchbox cars. Attempting to dig a hole to China with a plastic shovel. Trying to get on Santa's good side by leaving out some Chips Ahoy and a glass of 2%.
Though this fact-filled wrecking of a grown-up writer is not surprising when we're talking about Kyle. This kid knows his stuff: