NYPD Commissioner Goes Off on NYC Leaders, Calling them "Cowards" and "Failing at Every Level"
Being a New York City police officer has never been easy. Yet talk to anyone on the job lately, and they'll tell you that an already difficult job has been made nearly impossible. Cops need to have the backing of city leaders, or at the very least, a mutual working relationship. New York City leaders have made it clear they will throw you under the bus if they think they can score a single political point for doing so. It's why retirements are up 411% percent. Going out every day knowing your life is at risk is hard enough. Knowing the lives and livelihood of your family are at risk is too far for some.
Finally, at least, NYPD Commissioner Dermot Shea is starting to echo some of the rank and files outrage. He let loose about city leaders during a recent meeting.
"They are failing at every possible measure to be leaders, and they throw it on the backs of the men and women of this police department, and curse them with one hand and then blame them with the other," Shea said Thursday...[calling] City Hall leaders "cowards" who "who won't stand up for what's right" and "don't have a goddamn clue what they're talking about" at a meeting of Police Department brass last week.
Without naming names, Shea said New York political leaders "have screwed this city up so much in a short period of time, it's going to take us some time to get our arms around it."
Bill DeBlasio (see THIS UNPROVOKED KNIFE ATTACK ON A NYC SUBWAY IS HORRIFYING and THIS NEW YORK CITY COP HYSTERICALLY MOCKS THE RESTRICTIONS DE BLASIO PUT ON THE POLICE). There, I named a name.
Courts "have been shut down for months," Shea said. "You have political pressures pushing everyone out of jail and putting systems in place to keep people from going into jail."
"People that don't have a clue about how to keep New Yorkers safe suddenly think they know about policing," Shea said. "I have another thing to tell them — they don't have a goddamn clue what they are talking about.
So what are the options? People — and this goes for most cities — have made it clear they're going to vote for the same failed leaders over and over again. Lately, those leaders appear to think it's easier to just let the inmates run the asylum. Maybe the answer is to just let people see what the defunded police really looks like. Or no police, which is what most of these activists actually want.
I just hope whatever needs to be figured out, it gets figured out quickly.
America Is Not Racist (Part Two) | Change My Mind youtu.be
Not subscribed to the podcast? Fix that! It's completely free.
- Mannequin Dressed Like NYPD Hung Over Overpass - Louder With ... ›
- AOC Thinks She Knows Why Crime Is Up in NYC - Louder With ... ›
- Watch: NY Police Union Delivers Powerful Video to #BlackLivesMatter ›
- NYPD Officer Mocks De Blasio's Restrictions on the Police - Louder ... ›
- Shake Shack Employees Accused of Poisoning NYPD Officers ... ›
- NYPD Shows up to Help Peacefully. #BlackLivesMatter Hurl Insults ... ›
- JUST IN: NYPD Officially Launches Harvey Weinstein Investigation ... ›
- NYU Professor LOSES HER MIND When NYPD Protects Gavin ... ›
- WATCH: NYPD Assaulted by Punks with Buckets of Water - Louder ... ›
- Deranged Leftist Attacks Retired NYPD Over...Wrong MAGA Hat ... ›