New York may have saved the GOP's ass from losing the House (and two new congressmen you need to know)
Allow me to brag about my state and a few of my friends. Politically, I have so few opportunities to do so. But while last night was not the big red supernova we were hoping for and Lee Zeldin didn't pull off the upset in New York, his busting his ass and being a road warrior throughout the state kept it closer than anyone has in decades. And because of that, NY is sending 11ish new Republican congressmen to DC. If the GOP does manage to take the House, you're welcome.
Five swing races in New York according to NYT, GOP leads all five and is projected to win all five
Lee Zeldin was spectacular at the top of the ticket pic.twitter.com/w1X1zobxjg
— Zachary Faria (@ZacharyFaria) November 9, 2022
Here's the secret about New York. Take away New York City, and we're the purplest state in America. Even then, you could probably just lose Manhattan and Brooklyn. Everyone sees the progressive-utopian, crime-ridden stinkhole NYC is turning into but doesn't understand why voters in NYC keep reelecting the "leaders" who turned it into that. Out in the Hudson Valley and on Long Island (the most magical place on earth), voters see NYC and say NIMBY. NYC may be NYC. But the rest of New York is the rest of America.
This is why, and I know California knows what I'm talking about (shout out Jen Van Laar), conservatives make huge mistakes when they write off entire states. The cities may be lost. I don't have an electoral answer for NYC any more than California conservatives have one for LA and SF. But the rest of the state is ripe for common sense, reform-minded conservative leaders.
And I wanted to introduce two of them to you now. Incoming congressman-elects Marc Molinaro and Nick Langworthy.
WE DID IT!
Thank you for your support. I'm honored to have earned the trust of more than 100k voters & I'll work every day to be a worthy member of Congress for both those who did, and did not vote for me. We have a lot of work ahead of us but I'm ready to hit the ground running. pic.twitter.com/LXSM5l3wpu
— Marc Molinaro #NY19 🇺🇸 (@marcmolinaro) November 9, 2022
Thank you #NY23! I am honored to have earned your trust to fight for the Southern Tier and Western New York in Congress. I will not let you down! pic.twitter.com/K3mF5d6Kax
— Nick Langworthy (@NickLangworthy) November 9, 2022
Marc Molinaro is the reason I first got interested in politics when in 2008 I stumbled upon an OpEd written by a thirty-something-year-old Assemblyman writing about how the right needed to do a better job messaging conservative policies to blue-state America. I even reached out to him on MySpace. Shout out Tom.
Nick Langworthy is the reason I stayed interested in politics, in 2010 seeing another thirty-something as a county chairman not be afraid to tell the establishment where they could stick it. Though more importantly than anything else, Nick is why I know what a Bills Mafia is. Shout out Josh Allen.
I've had the privilege to work with them. I have the honor to call them my friends. And I'm excited for all of us to be able to call them Congressman.
LwC is on Substack now! Each day we overwhelm your brains with the content you've come to love from the Louder with Crowder Dot Com website.. but algorithms hide our ranting and raving as best they can. The best way to stick it to Big Tech? Subscribe to For the Content!
- Lady With Bright Orange Wig Strolls Down Street With Concrete Block, Puts It Through Window, and Robs Taxi ›
- NY Governor desecrates the idea of BBQ with one of the worst pandering politician photos ever seen ›
- It's come to this: Gang of women dubbed 'Green Goblin Gang' terrorizes subway, brutally assault teens [Video] ›
- VIDEO: Ted Cruz Goes Nuclear on Stupid New York City Socialists ›
- A Republican could upset the NEW YORK governor's race if these early voting numbers hold up ›
- 'Rogue employee' hacks New York Post's Twitter... and Kathy Hochul had a statement ready to go politicizing it? ›
- Watch: Subway Riders Greeted by Twerking, Grinding, and a Slip-and-Slide During Rush Hour Commute ›
- New York State Senate Cheers After it Passes Up-to-Birth Abortion Law ›
- Top NFL receiver blasts New York's high taxes for sending him to Miami: 'I had to make the grown-up decision' ›
- Can Republican Lee Zeldin pull off the upset and become New York governor? ›