Netflix's 'The Ranch' Salutes the Great Poet of Our Time... Ronald Reagan
You've heard me sing the praises of Netflix's The Ranch many times (see Netflix’s The Ranch Blasts Environmental Protesters and Ashton Kutcher’s Character on The Ranch… is Pro-Life?). Subtle little scenes like the one below is why. To set the stage, Colt and Abby (played by Ashton Kutcher and Elisha Cuthbert... who I've had it bad for since The Girl Next Door) had their wedding canceled when the town had to evacuate because of a brush fire. They opted to get married on the football field, where Beau (Sam Elliot) read a love letter from one of the greatest poets of our time. Ronald Reagan.
(I know some of you cut Netflix because they signed with "Obummer" and "MOOchelle." I just don't care.)
It's one scene on a TV show. It's not going to cause people to stampede toward the nearest Twitter account to proclaim their love for tax cuts and the pro-life movement. Sadly, simply hearing a Republican's name mentioned on a sitcom as something other than demonic is considered a start. But it's also an important start. Small moves. I say this as someone who dressed up as Reagan for an 8th-grade book report. Complete with a podium and free jelly beans.
Changing the culture starts with small moves. Not beating the audience over the head with unapologetic narrative pushing.
NOT SUBSCRIBED TO THE PODCAST? FIX THAT! IT’S COMPLETELY FREE ON BOTH ITUNES HERE AND SOUNDCLOUD HERE.
- Video Compares Reagan's Leadership with Biden's Crankiness - Louder With Crowder ›
- Ronald Reagan on American Courage - Happy 4th of July! - Louder With Crowder ›
- Ashton Kutcher Shares Powerful Pro-Life Video. Are We About to See a Cultural Shift? - Louder With Crowder ›
- Netflix Employees Attack Chappelle Fan, Destroy His Sign - Louder With Crowder ›
- WH Insider Blames Kamala Harris on Kamala Harris - Louder With Crowder ›
- Netflix Puts Woke Employees on Notice - Louder With Crowder ›
- Netflix CEO Reacts to Conservative Media Praise - Louder With Crowder ›
- Groom exposes bride for cheating on him at wedding ceremony - Louder With Crowder ›