LOL: Netflix Changes Review Format After Amy Schumer's Disaster Gets 'One-Starred'
Netflix just announced, completely out of the blue, it's changing the way users review movies and TV programs. Instead of a five-star rating, people will simply give a thumbs up or thumbs down. It's a "sudden change" after years of the classic five-star rating system that seemed to be working for absolutely everybody. Concerned for the integrity of ratings, we dug deeper. Because buried in this article is a possible reason explaining the abrupt switcheroo...
The shakeup — which will take effect in April — comes on the heels of comedian Amy Schumer accusing haters of conspiring to flood her latest Netflix special with one-star reviews. “The alt-right organized trolls attack everything I do,” Schumer said.
Yes. Professional joke thief Amy Schumer (see Amy Schumer Caught Stealing Many, Many, Jokes and Another Video Alleges Amy Schumer Steals Jokes) got a bunch of bad reviews for a painfully unfunny comedy special. I know leftists judge comedy based entirely on a) if you have the right political opinion, and b) if you're not a white man. Tis the way of the left. They're still trying to wrap their blue-hair-dyed heads around why they lost the 2016 election. Epic mystery.
Out in the real world where metrics matter, where comedy is judged on whether or not it's comedic, we judge a comedian on if his/her/ze jokes make us laugh. Or in Schumer's case, not laugh so much as seek the nearest water-tight receptacle for which to deposit 4 cubic feet of vomit. As a comedian, Amy Schumer fails on every level, especially when it's her own jokes. There's just one schtick Amy has: I'm a slutty slut von slutterson, my vagina smells, and you should go down on me. If not, you're a pig. No, I'm serious, see the video below for TEH EVIDENCE. Again, bucket on standby.
Netflix is a privately owned company, they can do what they want. They can air a biopic on Obama, Obama's dog, Obama's dog's toy muffin, or Amy Schumer telling sick jokes. It's their right. As it's their right to alter their rating system. Fine.
But if it really was "trolls," who one-starred Amy Shumaerious, do you really think they can't easily amass and convince their trolling kingdom to thumbs down a show? Asking for a friend.
Or, Amy Schumer could just learn to be funny. I understand that's not always as easy as Amy Schumer.
NOT SUBSCRIBED TO THE PODCAST? FIX THAT! IT’S COMPLETELY FREE ON BOTH ITUNES HERE AND SOUNDCLOUD HERE.
- Grand Jury INDICTS Netflix for "Lewd Visual Material" - Louder With Crowder ›
- Amy Schumer is Hosting the Oscars - Louder With Crowder ›
- Porch Pirate Learns the Hard Way When Package Explodes - Louder With Crowder ›
- Netflix CEO Reacts to Conservative Media Praise - Louder With Crowder ›
- Porch Pirate Tries Being Slick, Winds Up Eating Fists When Homeowner Comes Home at Wrong Time - Louder With Crowder ›
- Hero Dog Dies After Saving Owner From Mountain Lion - Louder With Crowder ›
- Woman attempts to prank porch pirates with dirty diapers - Louder With Crowder ›
- Amy Schumer airs abortion tourism ad to promote comedy show - Louder With Crowder ›
- Gen Z's new thing to be triggered over: the thumbs up emoji - Louder With Crowder ›