Each day we overwhelm your brains with the content you've come to love from the Louder with Crowder Dot Com website.
But Facebook is...you know, Facebook. Their algorithm hides our ranting and raving as best it can. The best way to stick it to Zuckerface?
Sign up for the LWC News Blast! Get your favorite right-wing commentary delivered directly to your inbox!
November 30, 2023
Losers are shaming Morgan Wallen fans for their "racist" Spotify Wrapped lists because, apparently, we're still doing this
'Tis the season for Spotify users to share their "Wrapped" lists of their favorite songs and artists for the year. Also, 'tis the season for others on social media to whine that people are sharing them and complain about artists they don't like that you do. In the case of Morgan Wallen fans, that means crying "RAAAAAAACISM" because I guess we're still doing this.
To recap, in 2021, Wallen was caught on video drunk and using the n-word with friends. It was at a moment when he lost his battle with alcoholism, the video was at the end of a three-day bender. He owned up to it and apologized. He had become persona non-grata in the music industry, but country music fans made him the biggest artist in country music anyway. They were even bumping "Last Night" on Top 40 radio in NYC.
P. Diddy has said enough is enough already: "Morgan [used the N-word] while talking to his boy. People make mistakes. Now we’re moving on..."
Jimmie Allen, a friend of Morgan's, called out the faux outrage noticing most of the people claiming to be offended were mayonnaise looking, and asking if they were so offended, what have they done for the black community other than shame a country singer with a mullet?
But when people start to use words like ‘offended’ – that word ‘offended’ is weird to me because my grandfather told me at a young age when someone says something to someone else not directed at you that doesn’t affect you, the only way you can become offended is if you are so self-absorbed and you make something about you that’s not about you.
For those of you not familiar with country music, Allen is the one on the right.
Yet here we are still two years later.
- "Shocked but not surprised how many people have no problem with Morgan Wallen being on their Spotify Wrapped despite being racist and profiting off of it." says a Canadian with pronouns in his bio.
- "Not only is he hella racist, his music is also bad. Y'all have outed yourselves as bigots with bad taste in music." says another specimen who resembles the kind of people Jimmie Allen was calling out.
- Another person with pronouns in his bio started "a list of the people with morgan wallen on their Spotify wrapped" under the header "Racists."
- "If you have Morgan Wallen in your Spotify wrapped, where were you on January 6th?" asks someone who has never met a country music fan before.
- "Y’all have Morgan Wallen on your Spotify wrapped and you’re posting that? you're not embarrassed?" asks someone who not only has pronouns and BLM in his bio but also ACAB. That stands for "All Cops Are Bastards."
People need to get a grip and get over it. And go touch grass. The fresh air would do you good.
But more importantly, I want to know what's on YOUR Spotify Wrapped. Here's mine:
I got a lovely call from Koe Wetzel thanking me. Rounding out the year were Pecos and the Rooftops, Whiskey Meyers, Taking Back Sunday, All Time Low, and two 70s classics that double as gym tunes thanks to AEW.
Comment on Facebook or Twitter with what you were listening to this year!
Brodigan is Grand Poobah of this here website and when he isn't writing words about things enjoys day drinking, pro-wrestling, and country music. You can find him on the Twitter too.
Facebook doesn't want you reading this post or any others lately. Their algorithm hides our stories and shenanigans as best it can. The best way to stick it to Zuckerface? Sign up for our DAILY EMAIL BLASTS! They can't stop us from delivering our content straight to your inbox. Yet.