Mitch McConnell Just Tweeted the Creepiest GIF of Himself
Mitch McConnell, Senate Majority Leader, will never grace the cover of Gentleman's Quarterly (GQ), Men's Health Magazine, or People. Mitch was also never a contender to play Christian Grey or Superman. Though the rumor mills were spinning regards who to cast as the latest Bond villain. We can't all be beauties.
Rather than running from his countenance, Mitch's dutiful campaign has apparently embraced his vestige, tweeting this:
https://t.co/683UJFlKL4— Team Mitch (Text MITCH to 47360) (@Team Mitch (Text MITCH to 47360)) 1515005381.0
A gif of Mitch himself, looking "CreepyAF" as the Millennials would say. Being a Millennial myself, I agree. Creepy. As the camera zooms in, Mitch's face breaks into what the Nature Channel might refer to as a "smile." Better described as a "leer."
snapping turtle https://t.co/3uYA8iR1Uc— Stephen L. Miller (@Stephen L. Miller) 1515008291.0
Yeah, that too.
I understand new media demands pithy responses, speaking in soundbites, and the perpetual creation of "reaction gifs." I'll archive this one for future use when describing someone guilty getting caught in the act. What I don't understand is how did "Let's make a creepy gif of Mitch McConnell and spread it like AIDS" get passed seven layers of committee meetings, flowcharts, and focus groups?
This poor decision process doesn't boost my confidence in McConnell's judgment, nor in the judgment of his staff. If McConnell thinks an animated gif of his CreepyAF (yes, capitalized) smile was a swell idea, how can we trust his decisions on immigration? Continuing Resolutions? Christmas card fonts?
Speaking of weird:
- Angry Liberals Protest Outside Mitch McConnell's Home - Louder With Crowder ›
- Mitch McConnell Calls Out Chuck Schumer's SCOTUS Antics - Louder With Crowder ›
- McConnell Blasts the Media's Anti-Religious 'Bigotry' - Louder With Crowder ›
- McConnell Tells Dems Where to Stick 'Lecture on Civility' - Louder With Crowder ›
- Cocaine Mitch Savages Democrats for Holding Up Relief Bill That's Gonna Pass Anyway - Louder With Crowder ›