Each day we overwhelm your brains with the content you've come to love from the Louder with Crowder Dot Com website.
But Facebook is...you know, Facebook. Their algorithm hides our ranting and raving as best it can. The best way to stick it to Zuckerface?
Sign up for the LWC News Blast! Get your favorite right-wing commentary delivered directly to your inbox!
May 19, 2023
Mike Rowe savages a troll who comes after him for doing a PragerU video
White privilege is the prerogative to, with all that's wrong in the world, get upset because someone you like on Facebook is friends with someone you hate on Facebook. At least I think that's how white privilege works. Most of us are too busy doing literally anything else to even let stuff like this register, but this person was really upset to find out that Mike Rowe did a video for PragerU. Four years ago (see MIKE ROWE OFFERS SAGE ADVICE: 'DON'T FOLLOW YOUR PASSION..." and YOUTUBE JUST RESTRICTED A MIKE ROWE VIDEO. AND HE'S SPEAKING OUT...). All the respect she had for Mr. Dirty Jobs? It gone!
Rowe of course responded in the most Mike Rowe possible. He straight-up bodied her with an "aw shucks" smile on his face.
What's most funny here is that, as you see from this earlier screen capture from PragerU, this lady went back in to her post and added the part about Rowe's ignorant fans. A few thousand more comments later, I'm going to guess she switched off Facebook notifications.
Maybe it's just because of the entertainment industry being what it is, if you are an entertainer I just assume we vote for different people as my default position. The only time I can't separate art from the artist is if a) the artist is a dick and b) the artist acts like they hate the half the country who disagrees with them. Even then, I don't lose respect for them as much as I nothing them.
Mike Rowe does neither a) nor b). In this case, he recorded a video that echos almost everything he has said over the four years that came after the video was published. Taking this person at their word, they respect everything he has to say about college and work, but because he said those things in a snazzy video produced by someone this person doesn't respect, now the alleged "respect" is gone? That's just silly and a horrible way to view things.
If Jennifer is being honest about the respect in the first place. What mostly likely happened is that she saw a PragerU meme and pulled a "I've always been a big fan of yours, but ...". Had she actually been a big fan, she would have known that Rowe wasn't going to care.
Brodigan is Grand Poobah of this here website and when he isn't writing words about things enjoys day drinking, pro-wrestling, and country music. You can find him on the Twitter too.
Facebook doesn't want you reading this post or any others lately. Their algorithm hides our stories and shenanigans as best it can. The best way to stick it to Zuckerface? Sign up for our DAILY EMAIL BLASTS! They can't stop us from delivering our content straight to your inbox. Yet.
From Your Site Articles
- Watch: Kevin Hart shares a terrifying experience that woke him up to the dark side of social media, phone addiction ›
- EXCLUSIVE: CROWDER EXPOSES COLLEGE PROFESSOR. IS IT YOURS? (Show Notes) ›
- Nancy Pelosi Opposes Student Loan Bailout, Accidentally Endorses Conservatism and School Choice ›
- Watch as Mike Rowe destroys billionaire elites who blame the middle class for 'all the trouble in the world' ›
- Mike Rowe barbecues troll who tagged him in 'fraud' meme accusing him of s***ing on college graduates ›
- Mike Rowe finds WaPo's 'too many white men in Shark Week' so ridiculous, he is outsourcing his response to fans ›
- Mike Rowe Shuts Down Haters One by One for Attacking Him Over Sharing a Funny Meme ›
- Mike Rowe goes off on why so many Americans can't stand Biden: 'People have become sick and tired...' ›
- Mike Rowe Spanks Whiny Woke Commenter Who Insulted Him ›
- Mike Rowe Gives a Commencement Address - Louder With Crowder ›