Maxine Waters Denies Calling for Violence Against Trump Supporters. Except, She Kinda Did ...
Donald Trump's impeachment trial part deux starts this week. He's accused of inciting the Capitol riot of January 6. The prosecution is going to claim that Trump used incendiary rhetoric that makes him directly responsible for the violence. Part of his defense, according to words I've read on the internet, is to bring up some of the incendiary rhetoric the left has used. Of which, there are many examples. One of the more notable examples comes from Maxine Waters, who encouraged her supporters to get in "their" faces and tell "them" they aren't welcome. Also, God is on her side.
MSNBC, surprisingly enough, challenged her on it. I'll let YOU decide how laughable you find her excuse.
.@RepMaxineWaters now says her urging supporters to be increasingly "confrontational" and "forceful" against Trump allies was not actually meant to incite violence pic.twitter.com/tRkHOUxD33
— Tom Elliott (@tomselliott) February 8, 2021
As a matter of fact, if you look at the words that I used, the strongest thing I said was tell them they're not welcome. Tell them they're not welcome. I didn't say go and fight. I didn't say anybody was going to have any violence. And so they can't make that stick.
Let's go to the videotape. Both of her original comments, and of her doubling down on those comments on -- wait for it -- MSNBC.
In an interview w/ Joy Ann Reid, Rep. Waters then doubled down on her call to be “more confrontational" w/ Republicans pic.twitter.com/SnXfHc6hJg
— Tom Elliott (@tomselliott) January 8, 2021
Now, did she actually say the words "I call on you to commit violence in the name of Maxine?" Not verbatim, no. Donald Trump also didn't tell his rallygoers to head forth to the Capitol, commit felonies, and livestream themselves doing so. The argument is over the intent of the words and/or what was insinuated. Maxine Waters didn't call for violence. She only called for confrontation. Which her ideological allies have done. Over and over and over again. Were these activists directly motivated by Maxine Waters? I don't know. We never seem to be allowed to ask these questions of Democrats. Plus she's hardly the only liberal leader encouraging supporters to get confrontational.
I'll leave the specific argument about Donald Trump to the prosecution and defense. But if we're going to claim rhetoric from our leaders can lead to violence, we should start talking about ALL of our leaders. Just saying.
Democrats Scheming To Steal The Next Election | Louder With Crowderyoutu.be
Not subscribed to the podcast?Fix that! It's completely free.
- TOUGH LOVE: “Should I Marry a Crazy Democrat?" - Louder With ... ›
- RNC Releases Timely Video of Leftists, Democrats Encouraging ... ›
- Hot Mic Catches ABC Anchor Saying Higher Ups Made Her Ditch ... ›
- Veteran Running Against Maxine Waters Dropped an Ad - Louder ... ›
- Maxine Waters Will Never Forgive Black People Who Vote for Trump ... ›
- LOL! Maxine Waters Already Plans on Impeaching Mike Pence ... ›
- Maxine Waters Hugs it Out with Anti-Semitic Louis Farrakhan ... ›
- CIVILITY: Maxine Waters' Most Stupid Drones Harasses Mitch ... ›
- Maxine Waters Rallies Against Conservatives on Immigration ... ›
- LOL! Diamond and Silk Go on HILARIOUS Rant Against Maxine ... ›