Watch: Matthew McConaughey exposes condescending” anti-Christian bias in Hollywood
I wanted to title this Matthew McConaughey: Jesus Is Alright, Alright, Alright with Me.' But it was too dependent on a Zoomer audience knowing who or what the Doobie Brothers were. Google it. If a stoner ever uploads a video of him skateboarding to one of their songs on TikTok, the Doobies will be trendingAF.
And, yes, I know McConaughey says dumb things about guns. Dumb things he doesn't always understand while he's saying them. If he runs for president, I'm not voting for him. But I wrote about Mark Wahlberg yesterday being one of the few in Hollywood brave enough to admit he's a practicing believer. It reminded me of this McCoughey clip about when he sees celebrity friends WHO HE HAS PRAYs WITH in public.
Matthew McConaughey exposes Hollywood not being alright, alright, alright with Jesus. pic.twitter.com/Ccq57JAWEA
— Louder with Crowder Dot Com (@LWCnewswire) April 14, 2023
"I have had moments where I was on stage receiving an award in front of my peers in Hollywood, and there were people in the crowd that I have prayed with before dinners many times, and when I thanked God, I saw some of those people go to clap, but then notice that, 'bad thing on my resume' and then sit back on their hands. Some people in [Hollywood] ... go to the Left so far ... to the illiberal Left side so far that it's so condescending and patronizing to 50% of the world."
What's sad is those commonsense, milquetoast, rational comments will be enough for that "illiberal left" to attack the actor as a Jesus freak and a closet DeSantis supporter, who is literally no better than The Handmaid's Tale. Just for him saying it's silly that people have to fear for their lives instead of outing themselves as Christians. Not even just as "Christians," but as "believers" in general. Unless of course, you're a believer in illiberal politics.
The funny thing is, Matthew McConaughey isn't afraid to say what his beliefs are and yet has still managed to have a pretty successful career in the entertainment industry. Wahlberg and Chris Pratt too. If more of these closet believers would start to show the same courage, it would actually make a positive difference in the world.
Now if we can figure out what's going on with Yellowstone. McCounghey has signed on to star in a... spin-off? Taking over as the lead character in the main show? No one seems to know.
Brodigan is Grand Poobah of this here website and when he isn't writing words about things enjoys day drinking, pro-wrestling, and country music. You can find him on the Twitter too.
Facebook doesn't want you reading this post or any others lately. Their algorithm hides our stories and shenanigans as best it can. The best way to stick it to Zuckerface? Bookmark LouderWithCrowder.com and check us out throughout the day! Also, follow us on Instagram and Twitter.
- MSNBC'S Joy Reid Accuses Red States of Only Wanting Black People to 'Make Their Steaks' ›
- Marvel actor dumps over what crap Hollywood has become: 'you're making movies for 16-year-olds and China' ›
- Children's Book Uses Three Little Pigs to Explain Stupid Things Liberals Believe About Guns ›
- WOW: New Report Reveals Just How Badly Australia’s Gun Ban Failed… ›
- David Hogg shows what a garbage human he is by attacking a GOP Senator who lost a friend in the Lousiville Shooting ›
- Texas School Shooting TRAGEDY: What Needs to be Done (Show Notes) ›
- 'Stay Prayed Up': Mark Wahlberg Breaks From Hollywood, Encourages Fans to Pray With Him ›
- Disney Star Puts Hollywood on Blast for Satanic Influence - Louder With Crowder ›
- Did Ron DeSantis cause the Memorial Day shooting in Florida? - Louder With Crowder ›