Progressive city council plans to force hotels to house homeless people
Homelessness is going up all around the country, but it might be worst in California. They do happen to pay their homeless pretty well out there, after all. And while some cities are all but competing to see just how many homeless people they can have on the streets, no one wants to sleep on the sidewalk. Los Angeles might have come up with a solution. It's a bad one, but I guess it's a kind of solution.
In a vote on Friday, "the Los Angeles City Council unanimously voted unanimously to place an ordinance that would house homeless people in hotels alongside guests on the March 2024 ballot," reports KABC. The original plan was to just pass it and start forcing hotels to take in hobos, but they are going to allow the people to decide. Something tells me people won't like sharing hotels with homeless people.
But then, it isn't as if people who live in LA are staying in LA hotels often. They just might vote for it to get the hobos off their lawns.
KABC explains that the ordinance would "pay hotels a fair market rate" to take in the homeless in any and all vacancies, which would have to be reported daily by 2 PM. So, if you're planning to travel to LA--and I don't exactly know why you would be--make sure you check in before 2 PM, or there won't be any rooms available.
The ordinance would also "prohibit [hotels] from refusing lodging to unhoused people seeking housing through the program."
Something tells me hotels are about to start shutting down in California. That's just a guess, though.
The Louder with Crowder Dot Com Website is on Instagram now!Follow us at @lwcnewswire and tell a friend!
Crowder's Favorite Game Returns! Hipster or Hobo! | Louder With Crowderwww.youtube.com
- VIDEO: Thief Rides Out of San Francisco Walgreens - Louder With ... ›
- California to Give MILLIONS to DACA Students. For 'Progress ... ›
- Whaat Students Need to Walk Through in San Francisco - Louder ... ›
- Subway Shooter Andrew Abdullah Turns Himself In - Louder With ... ›
- Restaurateur Closes His Business After It Gets Ransacked - Louder ... ›
- Homelessness and Crime Go Through the Roof in Sacramento ... ›
- MMA fighter subdues homeless man randomly assaulting people ... ›
- San Fran Mayor Spending $6.5M to Solve Trans Homelessness ... ›
- Portland Residents Complain About Homeless Problem - Louder ... ›
- Homeless Man Drops Deuce in NYC Subway Mop Bucket - Louder ... ›