Each day we overwhelm your brains with the content you've come to love from the Louder with Crowder Dot Com website.
But Facebook is...you know, Facebook. Their algorithm hides our ranting and raving as best it can. The best way to stick it to Zuckerface?
Sign up for the LWC News Blast! Get your favorite right-wing commentary delivered directly to your inbox!
January 14, 2021
Joe Rogan Explains Issues with Shutting Down Parler Not Enough Americans are Thinking About
It feels like there's an alarming number of people celebrating censorship. Including what I feel are way too many blue checkmark reporters. People who make their living from the First Amendment. Emotions are still running high from last Wednesday's Capitol incident. Parler seemingly became a scapegoat made by a lot of people I'd argue have never been on Parler.
As Joe Rogan points out, what happened to Parler sets horrible precedent, because it can happen to anyone.
Parler Being Shutdown Due to Capitol Stormingyoutu.be
It sets a weird precedent. It sets a precedent where the people that are in power can decide that something is wrongspeak, something is bad, and you can just eliminate it completely. When things like that happen, they keep going. They don't just stop at that. They don't stop at things that we can all agree are terrible. They go to things that maybe you don't think are terrible, but other people do think are terrible. And then they keep going further than that. You see this with the left. Like, there's a lot of people that claim to be leftist, they claim to be left-wing, but they're not quite left-wing enough, and so they get taken out by people who are more left-wing. ... If you disagree with anything on the left, you're the right.
That's a point I think needs to be made to apolitical people dismissing Parler being shut down. The left, I feel, knows what it's doing, but others may not have all the information. They may just have heard Parler caused what happened in the Capitol. Shutting them down makes sense "in this case." But where does it stop?
You may not like politics. But the same people who hate Parler, or Steven Crowder, or Fox News? They tend to also hate Clay Travis, Barstool Sports, and Joe Rogan. They hate actors like Chris Pratt and Matthew McConaughey. They tend to have the attitude that anyone who has an opinion they disagree with shouldn't have a platform to disagree with them. Are they also who control what's allowed on social media?
If you want to call Parler an easy target, fine. But the ease of how it was taken offline should be of more concern to those who claim to value free expression. Don't be surprised when the same people come after something you do like.
Not subscribed to the podcast?Fix that! It's completely free.
From Your Site Articles
- Joe Rogan Reveals What a YouTube Official Said About Hate Speech ›
- WATCH: Joe Rogan Perfectly Dismantles Socialism, Hypocrite ... ›
- Joe Rogan Unloads on Critics of His Alex Jones Interview - Louder ... ›
- Joe Rogan Interviews Alex Jones on Hunter Biden - Louder With ... ›
- Joe Rogan Clarifies 'Trump Over Biden' Position. Biden Is Gonna ... ›
- Chael Sonnen has Joe Rogan's Back.Against Spotify - Louder With ... ›
- Joe Rogan and Bryan Callen On the Problems with 'Woke' People ... ›
- Joe Rogan Drops the Mic on 'Cultural Appropriation' - Louder With ... ›
- Joe Rogan Injects Truth Into "Fat Acceptance" Movement - Louder ... ›
- Joe Rogan FINALLY Addressed Spotify Controversy - Louder With ... ›
- Texas Democrat Party Actively Recruiting Matthew McConaughey to Run for Governor - Louder With Crowder ›
- Here's What Joe Rogan Said About Vaccines That Has Twitter Outraged - Louder With Crowder ›
- Joe Rogan Exposes Endgame of Wokeness - Louder With Crowder ›
- Matthew McConaughey Opposes Mandating COVID Vaccine on Kids - Louder With Crowder ›