Biden's inflation has claimed another heartbreaking victim: the ice cream man
If you weren't already upset about the effects Biden's recession--or not-recession, depending on if you listen to the experts or the "experts"--this news isn't going to do anything to make you feel better. TheNew York Times is reporting that ice cream trucks--the quintessential symbol of childhood summers--are going extinct, or at least in New York they are.
Owing their ruin to higher costs of operation, making a living by providing cold, tasty treats to children, their parents, and the occasional adult who just wants to forget about how crappy the world is becoming untenable. The executive director of the North American Ice Cream Association (there really is an organization for everything, isn't there?) Steve Christensen told the NYT, ice cream trucks are "unfortunately becoming a thing of the past."
And while this news may be upsetting for those of us--especially after the recent news that the Choco Taco has been discontinued--it's rather surprising that these ice cream slingers were able to stay in business this long.
"The diesel that powers the trucks has topped $7 a gallon, vanilla ice cream costs $13 a gallon and a 25-pound box of sprinkles now goes for about $60, double what it cost a year ago."
The Times says that, in New York, some basic cones can cost in upwards of $8! I don't know about where y'all grew up, but I can remember a time when all it took to get a drumstick was a dollar--maybe a dollar fifty. I don't even know if I walked around with $8 when I was a little kid, and if I did have it, I don't know if I'd drop it on some ice cream. I had Pokemon cards to buy, after all.
Thanks, Joe Biden. What else are you going to ruin this year?
The Louder with Crowder Dot Com Website is on Instagram now!Follow us at @lwcnewswire and tell a friend!
LIES! Elizabeth Warren Falsely Blames "Big Kroger" for Inflation? | Louder With Crowderwww.youtube.com
- NEW REPORT: Unemployment Rate Reaches 10 Year Low ... ›
- Maajid Nawaz Blows Rogan's Mind, World Economic Forum ... ›
- Prince Charles Calls for 'Fundamental Economic Transition' - Louder ... ›
- Terrifying Moments From the World Economic Forum Conference ... ›
- Janet Yellen Attempts to 'Whitesplain' Importance of Black Abortions ... ›
- Joe Biden on Economic intercourse - Louder With Crowder ›
- Trump Tax Cuts Lead ExxonMobil to Invest HUGE in American ... ›
- Biden's Economic Report Says Gender More Than Inflation - Louder ... ›
- New York Times allegedly spiked Sen. Tim Scott OpEd - Louder With Crowder ›
- Prince Charles Calls for 'Fundamental Economic Transition' - Louder With Crowder ›
- Ice T says Los Angeles not safe for west coast rappers - Louder With Crowder ›