Common Sense Gun Control Is Nonsense: Change My Mind
"Common sense" gun control isn't common sense at all. Can anyone change Crowder's mind about that? He took to a college campus to give people the opportunity.
Common Sense Gun Control is Nonsense | Change My Mind youtu.be
- According to census data and estimates by criminologists, guns are used to save lives or in self-defense as many as 100K to 3 million times a year. SOURCE: Townhall
- 98% of mass shootings occur in gun-free zones. SOURCE: CrimeResearch
- The United States is ranked 28th in firearm deaths. SOURCE: CNSNews
- Violent crime was actually steadily decreasing in the U.S. from 1999 to 2019. SOURCE: Statista
- And the 2020 crime spike wasn't due to mass shootings. It was due to riots.
MASS SHOOTING STATS
- Boulder, 10 dead
- Atlanta 8 dead, 1 injured
- Dayton 9 dead, 27 injured
- El Paso 20 died, 26 injured
- Gun violence in Chicago this weekend: 34 people shot, 8 fatally
CLAIM: Atlanta, Boulder, El Paso, and Dayton were all radicalized conservative white supremacists!
- TRUTH: they were very different people.
- ATLANTA SHOOTER said he targeted massage parlors because of his sex addiction, not because the workers were Asian. And two of the people he shot were white. SOURCES: WSJ, NYTimes
- BOULDER SHOOTER was a Syrian immigrant and devout Muslim previously known to the FBI. SOURCES: NYTimes
- OHIO shooter was a registered Democrat and alleged supporter of Elizabeth Warren. SOURCES: CrimePreventionCenter
- EL PASO shooter was a neo- environmentalist who hated corporations and saw third-world immigrants as draining resources. He also wanted immigrants gone so the United States could have socialized health care and more of a European-style social safety net. He even undergirded his environmentalism by quoting "The Lorax." SOURCES: Manifesto
- GILROY GARLIC SHOOTER - Iranian-Italian shooter who railed against "white twats" and "mestizos" (Mexicans).
CLAIM : All mass shooters are white males! We have a white male terrorist problem!
- TRUTH: Yes, the majority of mass shooters are male, and a majority of shooters in the United States are white. But that's only by sheer demographics.
- When you compare for representation of population, whites are underrepresented, and black and Middle Eastern Americans far exceed their percentage of the general population in comparison to mass shootings. SOURCE: Census vs Mass Shooting Demographics
- Whites make up nearly 76% of the population but account for 56% of mass shootings. Blacks make up 12 percent of the population but 18% of mass shootings. Middle Easterners make up less than half a percentage of Americans but 8% of mass shootings.
- And data claiming 60% of mass shooters are white categorizes Middle Eastern and North Africans as white and excludes gang crimes. SOURCES: MotherJones, Census, MotherJones
- The one statistical constant is that mass shootings occur in gun-free zones at a rate of 90%-95% depending on which years are examined.
- TRUTH: Automatic weapons are illegal for citizens. Semi-automatic simply means you pull the trigger once and one bullet comes out.
- TRUTH: Handguns are far more deadly. According to FBI stats, you're 4x as likely to die from being knifed to death than from being shot by a rifle. In 2016, handguns killed roughly 19x as many people as all rifles put together. SOURCE: FBI
- TRUTH: There isn't any indication limiting AR-15-style guns would have any impact on such killings.
- New York Times recently reviewed the weapons used in recent mass shootings. 11 out of 19 didn't use rifles of any sort. SOURCE: NYTimes
- The deadliest school shooting of all time, Virginia Tech, was committed with handguns. SOURCE: NYDailyNews, CNN
- Handguns are used in mass shootings nearly twice as often as rifles. SOURCE: Statista
- TRUTH: There is no gun show/online loophole. Obama popularized the "online loophole" myth, but even the WaPo gave it two Pinocchios, ruling "Obama erred in saying the rules are different for Internet sellers. They face the same rules as other sellers." SOURCE: WaPo
- TRUTH: The no-fly list is completely arbitrary. You can be put on the no-fly list simply for having a similar name to someone on it or tweeting something controversial. SOURCES: Fox, Slate
- TRUTH: Guns are used for self-defense all the time; numbers ranging from 500,000 to more than 3 million cases each year. SOURCE: NAP.edu (page 15).
CLAIM: NRA / The gun lobby runs this country.
- TRUTH: False. The NRA's donations are actually quite small. The NRA has donated a total of $4.1 million to current members of Congress since 1998. SOURCE: WaPo
- In contrast, Planned Parenthood, America's largest abortion provider, spent over $38 million to elect Democrats between 2012 and 2016. SOURCE: DailySignal
CLAIM: "More guns result in more homicide."
- TRUTH: There have been studies that support this claim, but other studies have shown the opposite is often true: more guns = less crime, less murder. SOURCES: DailyCaller
CLAIM: Australia is an example of successful gun regulation
- TRUTH: The Australian program violates the Second Amendment of the United States. In Australia, the policy was a MANDATORY buyback.
- But the overall murder rate did not seem to be affected by gun control. New Zealand didn't impose stricter gun laws during the same period, but stats for both countries were essentially identical. Some authors have even concluded that the reduction in gun violence can't be attributed to gun confiscation. See the following studies: SOURCES: JAMA, SSRN, OUP
- And since those studies, there has been another mass shooting in Australia. SOURCE: CNN
CLAIM: The United States has the highest gun crime rates in the world!
- TRUTH: This isn't true by any metric.
CLAIM: Second AMENDMENT WAS JUST FOR MUSKETS!
- TRUTH: There were plenty of advanced weapons during the revolutionary period. James Madison wrote a letter of Marque and Reprisal allowing private ships to have CANNONS, under the guise of the Second Amendment.
CLAIM: IT WAS ONLY FOR THE MILITIA. YOU ARE NOT A MILITIA
- TRUTH: It says both militia, COMMA, the right of the PEOPLE shall not be infringed. They separated it deliberately. Two clauses. To ensure that there would be no confusion.
- Direct quote from George Mason "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them." – Speech in the Virginia Ratifying Convention, June 14, 1778. SOURCE: Madison Brigade.
- George Washington had to fight militias. Not soldiers with guns, mass militias. The easiest way to ensure that never happened again was to clarify that citizens wouldn't have the right to own guns. He never did. He made sure that they retained their right to bear arms.
- District of Columbia vs. Heller: The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home.
- The dissenting opinions from Bryer and Stevens basically HAD to conclude that to legally rule in the other direction would require the stripping of ALL gun rights from private citizens. Legally that was the only possibility.
- TRUTH: This bill actually reversed an Obama administration rule that stripped Second Amendment rights from Americans who required assistance managing federal benefits due to a mental impairment, including depression, anxiety, and eating disorders. Even the ACLU came out against this Obama rule. ACLU
- Does an individual need a license to make a firearm for personal use?
- FACT SHEET: Biden-Harris Administration Announces Initial Actions to Address the Gun Violence Public Health Epidemic
- What Are 'Red Flag' Gun Laws, and How Do They Work?
- Ghost Guns Are Everywhere in California
- Intervenable factors associated with suicide risk in transgender persons: a respondent driven sampling study in Ontario, Canada
- School Shooters: The Myth of the Stable Home
- The desperate cry of America's boys
For more from the CHANGE MY MIND series:
- Trump Is Not a Racist: Change My Mind
- CNN Is Fake News: Change My Mind
- PROTESTER SCREAMS Then Rethinks: Change My Mind
Get your content free from Big Tech's filter. Bookmark this website and sign up for our newsletter!
Looking for a fashionable way to support Louder with Crowder? Get your swag at Crowdershop today!
- Top 5 Myths About Public Shootings and Gun Control - Louder With ... ›
- Hitler Loved Gun Control - Louder With Crowder ›
- WOW: New Report Reveals Just How Badly Australia's Gun Ban ... ›
- Joe Biden Uses Colorado to Officially Call for Gun Control - Louder ... ›
- Arizona Signs Law Telling Joe Biden Where to Stick His Gun Control ... ›
- WH Confirms Biden Planning Executive Orders on Gun Control ... ›
- Top 5 Gun Control Myths Debunked! - Louder With Crowder ›
- Rebuttal: Vox's 'Gun Control' Propaganda Video Debunked ... ›
- "Common Sense" Gun Control Lies Exposed - Louder With Crowder ›
- SHOW NOTES: GUN CONTROL IS HERE! Biden's Agenda Gets ... ›
- Anthony Fauci Found Something New to Lecture Americans About: 'Gun Violence' - Louder With Crowder ›
- Attempted Rapist Gets Dropped by a Marine with a Gun ›
- Pride Parade Tells Gay NYPD Group They Can't March - Louder With Crowder ›
- WaPo Reporter Shows Internet How to Make Chicada Tacos - Louder With Crowder ›
- Sen. John Kennedy Drops Effective and Hilarious Pro-Gun Ad - Louder With Crowder ›
- Biden's Anti-Gun Law Could Affect 40 Million HANDGUN Owners - Louder With Crowder ›
- WaPo Reporter Shows Internet How to Make Chicada Tacos - Louder With Crowder ›
- Bill de Blasio Announces Vaccine Mandate in NYC. - Louder With Crowder ›
- Taliban Seizing Weapons From Civilians - Louder With Crowder ›
- Taliban Orders Citizens to Surrender Weapons Within a Week - Louder With Crowder ›