OPINION: Gina Carano is the Cancel Culture Fighter We Need
UPDATE February 12, 2021: This post was originally published on November 16, 2020. Disney has since attempted to cancel Gina Carano for her general no f*cks given social media activity by dismissing her from The Mandolorian. As of today, she's planned a new venture with The Daily Wire. Yes, I am jealous. Like, I'm super happy for Gina that she's heading into new territory with her career. But peeved she's not doing it with me. Life is a beyotch like that. ANYWAY. The crux of this article is as relevant now as it was last year. Gina IS the cancel culture hero we need, and if you aren't supporting her now, if you're not following her now, get your life together. Go do it. She's the bees knees plus super easy on the eyes. What now follows is the article from November. Go forth, my people, and behold an actual strong, independent woman.
Over the weekend, The Mandolorian actress Gina Carano riled up leftist Twitter with a basedAF meme which simultaneously nailed Democratic leaders and wounded the pro-mask brigade's collective feelings. The result was a #FireGinaCarano campaign which, as of yet, has yielded zero firings of Gina Carano and zero apologies from Gina Carano. The meme, which I will obviously share with you below, is but another straight outta f*cks take added to Gina's Twitter timeline. If you're not on Twitter because you still value your sanity, let me summarize her timeline for you: Gina isn't toeing the anti-Trump, pro-lockdown, pro-BLM, transgender agenda lines as drawn by her Hollywood peers. As such, she's been targeted with a few cancel culture campaigns which she seems to have absorbed and channeled into more power. Rather than retreating, apologizing, or even offering explanations, Gina is doubling down. This makes her one of the only people in entertainment to actively push back against the cancel culture mob.
First, the meme in all its glory:
https://t.co/yJnnKVjume— Gina Carano 🕯 (@Gina Carano 🕯) 1605408708.0
Since we're going over some of her tweets, I'll share a few more which tickle my soul. Like this one below, which is practically my motto in life:
https://t.co/ES9y3bCUel— Gina Carano 🕯 (@Gina Carano 🕯) 1605236260.0
Just a couple more, then I'll get to the point, I swear.
https://t.co/5alndLcPXG— Gina Carano 🕯 (@Gina Carano 🕯) 1605004613.0
Oh. Interesting. https://t.co/o8FlN0fyz9— Gina Carano 🕯 (@Gina Carano 🕯) 1604721329.0
We need to clean up the election process so we are not left feeling the way we do today. Put laws in place that pro… https://t.co/9tYtDyGQI7— Gina Carano 🕯 (@Gina Carano 🕯) 1604593107.0
That last one also riled up the anti-Trumpers who just six weeks ago were convinced the Russians somehow hacked the election to supplant Hillary for Trump. But we've been over that fiasco for about four years.
I should note that nowhere on Gina's timeline does she say she's pro-Trump or pro-Biden. Nowhere does she say she's conservative or liberal. It's quite possible Gina is a classical liberal much the same way Dave Rubin is. She might have liberal leanings but value free speech and liberty, and thus could have been falsely branded as "pro-Trump" by her most vehement critics. We don't know her politics.
But that doesn't matter to the mindless minions of Cancel Culture, who call for the purging of anyone who doesn't strictly adhere to their intolerant dogmas. Gina didn't bend the knee. She hasn't updated her biography with her preferred gender pronouns. She didn't declare Biden the winner of Election 2020. She didn't post the stupid #BlackoutTuesday Instagram square which, let's all note, did jack diddly squat in combatting anything.
Meanwhile, everyone else in Hollywood, and I mean everyone, is marching in lockstep with the "correct" agenda. Gina flipping both middle fingers to it, and not backing down despite campaigns designed to intimidate her into silence by calling for her firing, is exactly the fighter we need. Cancel culture only has power if we cede it. It just takes one person to say "No" to illustrate how powerless the cancel culture mob can be. By my accounts, we now have three people of note pushing back: J.K. Rowling, Ricky Gervais, and Gina Carano.
- Free Advice, Feminists: People Might Take You More Seriously if ... ›
- The Mandalorian Season 2 Trailer Dropped - Louder With Crowder ›
- Rowan Atkinson Calls Cancel Culture a 'Medieval Mob,' Is Immediately Proven Right by Twitter - Louder With Crowder ›
- SJWs Get Their Scalp: Gina Carano Fired from 'The Mandalorian' - Louder With Crowder ›
- SHOW NOTES: Cancel Gina Carano? Go Screw Yourselves... - Louder With Crowder ›
- Gina Carano Strikes Back, Announcing New Movie Project ›
- Crisis PR Rep Sends Warning on Gina Carano Firing: Offending the Left Is a Problem ... ›
- Gina Carano Goes There: 'Not the Only One Bullied by Disney ...' - Louder With Crowder ›
- Watch: Gina Carano Breaks Silence, Gives HER SIDE of Disney Firing in Full Detail - Louder With Crowder ›
- Dr. Seuss Bends the Knee (with Joe Biden's Assist), Cancels Six Titles to Pander to Idiots - Louder With Crowder ›
- Twitch Tries Pandering to Feminists Using 'Womxn,' Gets Forced to Apologize to LGBTQAI Community - Louder With Crowder ›
- 'The Mandalorian's' Bill Burr Defends Gina Carano, Unloads on Cancel Culture - Louder With Crowder ›
- Poll: Overwhelming Majority of Americans Side with Gina Carano Over Disney, Woke Politics - Louder With Crowder ›
- Tulsi Gabbard Draws Comparison Between Cancel Culture and ISIS, Al Qaeda - Louder With Crowder ›
- NEW George Floyd Riots: What the Media ISN’T Telling You! (SHOW NOTES) - Louder With Crowder ›
- Sebastian Maniscalco Hysterically Mocks Cancel Culture Saying 'Happy St. Patrick's Day' - Louder With Crowder ›
- Actor Brilliantly Mocks Cancel Culture with 'Apology' for 'Offending Ants' ›
- Woman Sings Disney Song About Biden's Stimulus Bill. It's Worse Than It Sounds - Louder With Crowder ›
- Former Democrat Senator Lashes Out, Calls Gina Carano 'Nazi,' 'White Supremacist' - Louder With Crowder ›
- Actress Attacks 'The Office' Over Anti-Asian Stereotypes in Fourteen-Year-Old Episode - Louder With Crowder ›