Senators Call for Revoking MLB’s Antitrust Status After Caving to Activists Over Georgia Voting Law
Friday afternoon, around 2:00 or so, a reporter was challenging Jen Psaki over Joe Biden's latest lies about Georgia's voting bill. Biden said he supported Major League Baseball moving the all-star game out of Georgia. The reporter asked if Biden had his soiled undies in a bunch over a baseball game being played in a state that just expanded voting hours, what about the Winter Olympics in China? Before we could get an answer, MLB announced they were bending the knee to liberal activists and moving the all-star game out of Georgia.
"Why does MLB still have antitrust immunity?" Lee tweeted. "It's time for the federal government to stop granting special privileges to specific, favored corporations—especially those that punish their political opponents."
Cruz then added that he and Lee would be working "hard to END MLB's antitrust immunity."
MLB's antitrust exemption has been in place since a 1922 Supreme Court decision ruled that the league is a sport and not a business. The National Football League, National Basketball Association and the National Hockey League don't have the same exemption.
To be clear, the fact detractors of the bill are engaged in a misinformation campaign? That's according to the MAINSTREAM media. Whether or not Joe Biden knows he is lying or even where he is or who's talking to him, that's open for debate.
It's hard for any White House to admit error, especially when the president has three times repeated the falsehood. But this is becoming a pretty deep hole. https://t.co/BMidMOYyC0
— Glenn Kessler (@GlennKesslerWP) April 2, 2021
Remarkable that misinformation about the GA elections bill led MLB to move the All Star Game out of Atlanta.
From automatic runners on second base in extras to this on the Manfred resume.
— Josh Kraushaar (@HotlineJosh) April 2, 2021
But play stupid games, win stupid prizes. Ask Delta. They could lose tens of millions of dollars in tax breaks for their CEO denouncing a bill he most likely never read.
It's insane that having to get legislators involved is really the only course of action. Companies like Major League Baseball bend the knee and pander to the left because there are no consequences for doing so. Normal people don't speak out because normal people don't care where the all-star game is played. Leftist political activists demand their agenda be validated by every platform everywhere. Companies like the MLB cave because it's the easy way out to get people to stop criticizing them on Twitter and cable news. They know no one is actually going to boycott baseball. Or stop flying Delta. Or switch to Pepsi.
The only recourse is if companies are going to take political sides, they lose their government protection. Maybe when these companies know they can lose tens of millions of dollars, they'll think twice before caving to the left.
Get your content free from Big Tech's filter. Bookmark this website and sign up for our newsletter!
Why The Left Doesn't Get NUANCE And Blames Objects! | Louder With Crowder youtu.be
- HIGHER EDUCATION: Professor Lets 'Stressed' Students Pick Their ... ›
- Florida and Georgia Show a DECREASE in COVID Cases - Louder ... ›
- Dan Crenshaw Drops Another Cinematic Action Adventure to ... ›
- Georgia Governor Brian Kemp Signs Controversial Voter Integrity ... ›
- Psaki Called Out on WH Hypocrisy: If POTUS Wants All-Star Game ... ›
- Georgia House Votes to Eliminate Delta's Tax Breaks - Louder With ... ›
- Joe Biden Supports MLB Moving All-Star Game Out of Georgia ... ›
- Gov. Kemp Makes Powerful Point About Cancel Culture, Unloads on Joe Biden and Stacey Abrams - Louder With Crowder ›
- Reporter Asks Psaki if Biden Will Keep Repeating Lies About Georgia Bill, Even After Called Out By WaPo - Louder With Crowder ›
- Jen Psaki Defends Kamala Harris Not Visiting the Border Yet: 'She Got a Snack' - Louder With Crowder ›
- Author of Democrat Court-Packing Bill Declares Expanding SCOTUS 'Infrastructure' - Louder With Crowder ›
- Tyler Perry Tells Oscars to 'Refuse Hate,' Yet Called Georgia Voting Bill 'Jim Crow' - Louder With Crowder ›
- Black Business Leaders Speak Out Against Stacey Abrams - Louder With Crowder ›