WATCH: Newsom Said Homeless 'Need to Self-Medicate' and Now We Have San Francisco. Shocker.
A video of Gavin Newsom discussing California's addiction epidemic began recirculating today. In the three-year-old video, Newsom claims, "clean and sober is one of the biggest damn mistakes this country ever made" and that "everyone needs to self-medicate periodically." He was explaining his belief that homeless people seeking meals and beds in shelters shouldn't be subjected to burdensome regulations, like "please don't shoot heroin."
\u201c\u201cClean and sober is one of the biggest damn mistakes this country ever made\u2026We all need to self medicate periodically\u201d - Gavin Newsom, explaining his plan to self medicate California out of our addiction epidemic. \n\n\u201d— Kevin Dalton (@Kevin Dalton) 1675012821
That's a bold strategy. So, three years out, let's reflect on how this panned out for him.
For starters, law enforcement has said California is to blame for the country's fentanyl epidemic. Yes, you heard that correctly. California is responsible for the entire nation's crisis with fentanyl. With its lax drug, border, and immigration laws, plus the convenient plethora of highways that connect nearly the entire country, California is poisoning even the reddest of states with the fatal opioid.
In California itself, fentanyl overdose deaths spiked 45% from 2020-2021. In L.A. County homeless shelters, deaths increased by 56% from 2020-2021, primarily driven by overdoses.
In 2020, San Franciscocame under fire for providing homeless people with drugs and alcohol while they were quarantined in hotels. Coincidentally, homeless deaths doubled in San Francisco from 2020-2021, driven by - you guessed it - overdoses.
How's that "self-medicating" working out now?
If after all this you still have a shred of faith remaining in Gavin Newsom, first of all, I question your sanity, but also admire your hope. Second, please enjoy this video from 2008, when the then-Mayor of San Francisco Gavin Newsom promised to end homelessness. In San Francisco. In ten years.
\u201cGavin Newsom vows to end homelessness in San Fransisco in 10 year...in 2008\u201d— Kevin Dalton (@Kevin Dalton) 1663871269
It's important to keep an on eye California since Newsom is likely to be a top 2024 Democrat contender - given that Joe Biden can't speak and literally no one likes Kamala Harris. Except maybe Willie Brown.
LwC is on Substack now! Each day we overwhelm your brains with the content you've come to love from the Louder with Crowder Dot Com website.. but algorithms hide our ranting and raving as best they can. The best way to stick it to Big Tech? Subscribe to For the Content!
- Joe Biden uses fake southern accent for fake southern saying and you wonder why they let him out of the house ›
- 'They Literally Ruined Our Lives': Young Brit Breaks Down Over Government's Authoritarian Pandemic Response ›
- In California, It's Worse to Misgender Someone Than Infect Them with HIV ›
- Second Amendment - Louder With Crowder ›
- Steven Crowder Gets Suspended from YouTube, the Reason Why is Frightening (Updated) ›
- Joe Rogan goes off on the three demons looking to control you: Trudeau, Newson, and whatsherface from New Zealand ›
- 'I've had it with them': SNL Alum exposes what Democrat finally caused him to leave the party ›
- Tesla sends government message to owners about conserving electricity and not charging their Teslas ›
- Watch: Ron DeSantis fan hits Gavin Newsom with harsh reality check during his inauguration ›
- Watch: Gavin Newsom cries gun rights are a 'suicide pact,' then a reporter hits him with an inconvenient fact ›
- Group founded by Gavin Newsom's wife called into question - Louder With Crowder ›
- San Francisco police now have a 36-hour response time - Louder With Crowder ›
- Donald Trump praises CA Governor Gavin Newsom - Louder With Crowder ›
- Watch Today's Show - Louder With Crowder ›
- GAVIN NEWSOM GOES ON RED STATE TOUR & LIES ABOUT EVERYTHING! - Louder With Crowder ›
- Activist speaks out on the trams genocide in San Francisco - Louder With Crowder ›
- San Francisco resident speaks out over unhoused killing - Louder With Crowder ›