ABOUT TIME: Europol Caves, Admits ISIS Uses Refugees for Jihad...
Refugees and terrorism go waaay back (see Top 5 Examples of Muslim Refugees Who Were Terrorists...). The two are close... Even closer than Michelle Obama's eyebrows. It's a fact not lost on us here at LwC, although those of a leftist persuasion tend to feel a bit differently. Especially when said leftists are European. Speaking of which, Europol - the EU's police organization which directly deals with terrorism - is just now beginning to connect the hijabed dots...
Confirming what most of us deduced long ago, Europol and Frontex, Europe's border and coast guard agency, are finally admitting that their intelligence indicated coordinated efforts on the part of ISIS to recruit asylum seekers.
Here's what the Europol report had to say about it.
- Elements of the Syrian refugee diaspora may be vulnerable to radicalisation once in Europe and may be targeted by Islamic extremist recruiters
- Intelligence suggests that IS has assembled teams in Syria which are sent to the EU tasked with carrying out attacks
- German authorities were aware of around 300 recorded attempts made by jihadists to recruit refugees as of April 2016
- Libya has become a major destination for... EU foreign terrorist fighters who, on returning to Europe, plan further terrorist attacks
- The success generated by these terrorist attacks will encourage the group to hit more targets in the EU
You read that right. An official European organization said something about refugees and it didn't include copious amounts of anus kissing. Truly a Christmas miracle.
It's a simple, factual statement to the rest of us. But in Europe? This is a big deal. As in skipping-tea-time big. European governments tend to do just about everything in their power to make migrants feel at home. Sometimes that includes covering up their rapey, homicidal antics (see EU Orders UK Press NOT To Reveal Terrorists Are Muslim. Yes, Really... and Swedish Commissioner: Police May Have Covered Up Migrant Sex Crimes). Naturally. It comes up with the terrorism-ravaged territory.
You know it's bad when even politically correct Europol releases a report specifically naming your people's group as a bastion of terroristy shenanigans of the explosive kind. It's indicative of the current state of Europe...
Our pantalooned, grey-wigged counterparts have been lagging behind on the whole vetting process for a while now. Embarrassing though it is, correctly identifying the enemy is a significant achievement for them. They're abandoning their uber-tolerant ways by making such a statement, as they should. This is a baby step in the right direction for the sods across the pond. Let's applaud them and hope they continue heading in the right direction. Without rolling over land mines.