You know how we hear that Detroit isn’t so bad if you just get to know the city a bit? Also that our assessment of it being one giant crap hole where you might get raped, sliced and diced, shot to bits, or at least mugged (on a good day) is a total exaggeration? Well we decided to put our lives on the line by driving through Detroit, not just downtown, but real Detroit, to show just how awful a place it is.
This is an unedited video, because if we hear any liberal whining about “THIS IS EDITED,” we’d have to hunt you down, kidnap and blindfold you, then drop you in the middle of Detroit. Edit that, wimp.
Notice how horrible this place is? Poverty everywhere. Homes in disrepair. Misery on the rise. Detroit is the result of liberal policies run amok. The rest of the USA will look just like Detroit if liberals like Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton have their way.
In case you’re a crazy leftists and you’re still moaning about this, here are our sources:
DETROIT SAD FACTS
- In 2013, 40% of Detroit’s street light’s didn’t work.
- Detroit’s population has declined 63% since 1950
- In 2013, Detroit filed the largest municipal bankruptcy in American history
- Detroit has more than 78,000 abandoned structures
- Average police call response in Detroit is 58 minutes. Compared to the national average of 11.
- As of 2013, only one-third of Detroit’s ambulances were functional
- As of 2013, Detroit owed more than 100,000 creditors $18.5 billion
- Two-thirds of Detroit’s parks have been permanently closed since 2008
- The violent crime rate in Detroit is five times the national average
- The murder rate in Detroit is eleven times higher than New York City
- More than 90% of crimes in Detroit go unsolved
- Fixing Detroit’s school system would cost Michigan $715 Million
- Once home to 2 million, Detroit’s population is currently estimated to be well under 700,000
- In 1960, Detroit had the highest per-capita-income in the United States
- Approximately one-third of Detroit’s 140 square miles are either vacant or derelict.
- The median price of a home in Detroit is 9,000, with many houses available for less than $100
- 47% of all living people in Detroit are functionally illiterate
- At the time of bankruptcy, Detroit’s unemployment rate was twice the national average at 18.6%
- The justifiable homicide rate rose 79% in 2011
- The justifiable homicide rate rose 38% from 2013 to 2014
- Self-Defense Killings in Detroit are 2,200 Percent Above the National Average
- Detroit’s police force has been cut by 40% over the last decade
- in 1950, there were around 296,000 manufacturing jobs in Detroit-compared to less than 27,000 in 2013
- Ranked #1 Most Miserable City by Forbes in 2013
- Ranked America’s Most Dangerous City four years in a row by Forbes
- While the unemployment rate was reported at 17.8% in 2012, the labor force participation rate was reported at 49.8%-the lowest of large U.S. cities.
- Detroit’s median household income from 2009-2013 was just $26,325
- Only 12.7% of people age 25+ have a bachelors degree or higher (2009-2013)
- 80% of children in Detroit grow up without a father
- 91,2014 of 264,209 households in Detroit rely on foodstamps (2012)
- Pulling in $11 million/month in tax revenue, Casinos (not cars) keep the city afloat-making up 30% of the Detroit’s cash on hand.
- Police have literally issued flyers that said “Enter Detroit at your own risk”.
- As many as 50,000 stray dogs roam the streets of Detroit