UFC President Asks Athletes to Stop Thanking Jesus: "Keep It At Home..."
We discussed the controversy of the UFC's Yoel Romero having the audacity to say the word "Jesus" live on television. Leftists accused him of hate-speech against the gays and called for his job. UFC President Dana White has weighed in on the matter.
America doesn't want to hear your thoughts on Jesus. Keep that stuff at home - religion, politics, all the stuff. When you're fighting and being interviewed, they want to hear about the fight. It's awesome you love Jesus. Love Jesus all you want. You just don't have to do it publicly.
In Dana White's defense, there was a time where he once caved to political correctness far less than the the heads of most other sports/entertainment organizations. As of late though, he's been incredibly inconsistent. Both he and Ariel Helwani (the interviewer) agree that it's was blown out of proportion, and Dana even said "I know for a fact that's not what [Yoel] meant." Still, he wants fighters to stop thanking Jesus.
Here's my view. The fighter earned his speech, he just went through hell and back in a cage-fight and won. He deserves his time on the mic, and as long as he isn't inciting any kind of violence, the guy should be able to thank whomever he wants.
Here's a question: let's say a fighter said something in support of gay marriage and/or Allah, and instead pissed off the other half of the country that wasn't pissed off last Saturday. Would he feel the same way? Or would he have to cater more to the outrage brigade. Oh that's right... I don't quite think Conservatives would be so offended from somebody's personal opinion.
Because you know... tolerance.
Send your tolerant hate-tweets to @Scrowder.
- UFC President Dana White Answers His Media Critics ›
- Dana White Asked About Colby Covington's 'Racist' Comments - Louder With Crowder ›
- Dana White Unloads on Media That Attacked UFC During the Pandemic ... and He Brings Receipts! - Louder With Crowder ›
- Dana White Backs Texas Reopening, Pledges UFC Will Be FIRST Live Event - Louder With Crowder ›
- UFC Dana White Unloads on Woke Sports: 'You Shouldn’t Have Listen To That S***' - Louder With Crowder ›
- UFC Dana White Unloads on Woke Sports - Louder With Crowder ›